Foundation / Corporation
Siouxland Community Foundation
Grants of up to $5,000 to Iowa, Nebraska, and South Dakota nonprofits and agencies for programs and projects that aim to enhance the quality of life for residents in Siouxland comminities. Funding will be provided for arts, civic, education, health, and human services projects in the greater Siouxland tri-state area (approximate 50-mile radius of Sioux City, Iowa).
Projects are evaluated by their worthiness, relative need, and potential impact – resulting in the greatest good for the greatest number of people.
The Foundation focuses funding on five areas of community need:
1. Arts and Culture: Provide or increase access to cultural and educational resources for theater, music, arts, dance, museums
2. Civic Affairs: Community betterment, citizen participation, parks & recreation
3. Education: Early childhood development and parental involvement, improve educational outcomes especially for those at risk, promote higher educational opportunities
4. Health: Assist communities in the promotion and maintenance of physical and mental health
5. Human Services: Address and serve the needs of the elderly, youth, families, handicapped, economically disadvantaged, minorities or other special groups.
Priority consideration is given to projects that:
- Are developed in collaboration with other agencies and promote the elimination of duplicated services.
- Address new and emerging needs, or demonstrate creative solutions to existing problems.
- Emphasize prevention.
- Demonstrate sound financial plans for future funding.
- Benefit larger rather than smaller numbers of people within the Siouxland area.
GrantWatch ID#: 177646
Foundation grants generally do not exceed $5,000.
Grants are made for charitable purposes to nonprofit organizations and qualified units of government that:
- Serve the greater Siouxland tri-state area (approximate 50-mile radius of Sioux City, Iowa). Proposals are considered on the basis of whether they help the Foundation fulfill its mission of enhancing the quality of life in Siouxland.
- Are recognized as tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Adhere to the principle that no discrimination will be practiced as to race, religion, sex or national origin.
Lower priority consideration is given to:
- One-time events
- Prior year grant recipients.
Generally, the Siouxland Community Foundation will not consider grants for the following:
- Religious purposes
- Annual fund drives
- Political activities
- Capital campaigns
- General operating
- Budget deficit
- School playground equipment or uniforms
The Siouxland Community Foundation does not duplicate United Way funding. However, program additions or expansions will be considered.
Application Deadline: January 15
Final Determinations will be made in the 3rd week March.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply online: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_2072?SA=SNA&FID=35015
505 Fifth Street
Sioux City, IA 51101
Greater Siouxland tri-state area (approximate 50-mile radius of Sioux City, Iowa)
USA: Iowa; Nebraska; South Dakota