Foundation / Corporation
Nordson Corporation Foundation
Grants to North San Diego County, California nonprofit organizations to address community needs through programs in the areas of education (birth through adulthood), human welfare, arts and culture, and civic affairs. Grants will be considered on the basis of their enrichment to the communities where Nordson's employees live and work.
The Nordson Corporation Foundation is dedicated to improving the local quality of life by improving educational outcomes that enable individuals to become self-sufficient, active participants in the community. The Nordson Foundation offers support to nonprofit organizations that cultivate educational curriculum and experiences that foster self-sufficiency, job readiness, and goals to aspire to higher education. The Foundation supports results-oriented opportunities that prepare individuals for full and equal participation in the economic and social mainstream.
The goals of the Nordson Corporation Foundation are to ensure that:
- All children have access to and receive quality educational experiences from early childhood
- All individuals have the opportunity to be self-sufficient members of society
- There is a continuum of quality educational opportunities
- Communities are strengthened by the organizations funded whether their focus is education, human welfare, civic or arts and culture
Focus Area Details:
- Early Childhood Care and Education
- Maximizing Student Success
- Access to quality educational opportunities
- Innovative programs
- Partnerships/collaborations with school districts
- Funding gaps not covered by public monies
- Augmenting core curriculum
- Exposure to programs that expand on traditional education
- Workforce Preparation
- Initial preparation for the world of work
- Retraining for the new job market
- Strengthening communities
- Promote prevention and lifestyle maintenance programs and activities
- Promote crisis intervention
- Promote life transition opportunities
- Promote systemic and/or policy change
Arts and Culture:
- Actively seek to broaden the audience bases in Nordson communities
- Support the visual and performing arts
- Provide educational enrichment for students
- Motivation for at-risk youth
- Provide access to the arts for special needs audience
- Promote greater understanding among people via the arts
- Work to improve the physical or economic environment
- Provide cultural or historical preservation
- Strive to inform citizens and increase their participation in community improvement
Funding may be used for general operating support. Organizations and programs receiving grants will be expected to identify relevant, measurable outcomes to demonstrate the effectiveness of their programs.
GrantWatch ID#: 177663
The Nordson Corporation Foundation makes grants only to tax-exempt organizations, as defined in Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code based in North San Diego County.
Generally, the Foundation makes grants directly to the recipient organization and does not participate in fundraising activities.
Applicants must have a current non-discrimination policy.
Nordson Corporation Foundation does not fund:
- Organizations whose services are not provided within the Foundation's geographic areas of interest
- Direct grants or scholarships to individuals
- Organizations not eligible for tax-deductible support
- Organizations not exempt under Section 501(c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, sex or religion
- Membership Drives
Deadlines for submitting your Nordson grant application are February 15, August 15, and November 15.
It is suggested that organizations contact the Foundation staff member who represents their geographic area before submitting an application to determine if the grant request falls within the Foundation's priorities.
Grantmaking Guidelines and Focus Areas:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Begin the application process with the eligibility quiz (if eligible, you will be directed to the application portal):
Sara Vaz, Community Relations Manager
2747 Loker Avenue West
Carlsbad, California 92010
USA: California: North San Diego County