Foundation / Corporation
Nordson Corporation Foundation
Grants to Providence, Rhode Island and Southeastern Massachusetts nonprofit organizations to address community needs, with an emphasis on educational programming. Additional focus areas include civic affairs, human welfare, and arts and culture. Funding may be used for both programming and general operating support.
Through its grant-making, the Foundation supports organizations that directly or indirectly seek to maximize success before, during and beyond the traditional classroom years. The Nordson Foundation offers support to nonprofit organizations that cultivate educational curriculum and experiences that foster self-sufficiency, job readiness, and goals to aspire to higher education. Emphasis is placed on results-oriented opportunities that prepare individuals for full and equal participation in the economic and social mainstream.
The goals of the Nordson Corporation Foundation are to ensure that:
- All children have access to and receive quality educational experiences from early childhood
- All individuals have the opportunity to be self-sufficient members of society
- There is a continuum of quality educational opportunities
- The communities are strengthened by the organizations funded whether their focus is education, human welfare, civic or arts and culture
- Early Childhood Care and Education
- Maximizing Student Success
- Access to quality educational opportunities
- Innovative programs
- Partnerships/collaborations with school districts
- Funding gaps not covered by public monies
- Augmenting core curriculum
- Exposure to programs that expand on traditional education
- Workforce Preparation
- Initial preparation for the world of work
- Retraining for the new job market
- Strengthening communities
- Grants will be reviewed and considered on the basis of their enrichment to the communities where employees live and work.
- Promote prevention and lifestyle maintenance programs and activities
- Promote crisis intervention
- Promote life transition opportunities
- Promote systemic and/or policy change
Arts and Culture:
- Actively seek to broaden the audience bases in Nordson communities
- Support the visual and performing arts
- Provide educational enrichment for students
- Motivation for at-risk youth
- Provide access to the arts for special needs audience
- Promote greater understanding among people via the arts
- Work to improve the physical or economic environment
- Provide cultural or historical preservation
- Strive to inform citizens and increase their participation in community improvement
Organizations and programs receiving grants will be expected to identify relevant, measurable outcomes to demonstrate the effectiveness of their programs.
GrantWatch ID#: 177664
The Nordson Corporation Foundation makes grants only to tax-exempt organizations, as defined in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, based in geographic areas where Nordson facilities and employees are located.
Generally, the Foundation makes grants directly to the recipient organization and does not participate in fundraising activities.
Nordson Corporation Foundation does not fund:
- Organizations whose services are not provided within the Foundation's geographic areas of interest
- Direct grants or scholarships to individuals
- Organizations not eligible for tax-deductible support
- Organizations not exempt under Section 501(c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, sex or religion
- Membership Drives
The annual deadlines are August 15 and February 15.
It is suggested that organizations contact the Foundation staff member who represents their geographic area before submitting an application to determine if the grant request falls within the Foundation's priorities.
More information about priorities and eligibility may be found here:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Begin the online eligibility quiz here:
If eligible, proceed to register and apply online.
Cecilia H. Render, Nordson Corporation Foundation Executive Director
Nordson EFD - Rhode Island
40 Catamore Blvd.
E. Providence, Rhode Island 02914-1378
USA: Massachusetts: Southeastern Massachusetts; Rhode Island: Providence