Foundation / Corporation
GMA Foundations - The Paul and Edith Babson Foundation
Grants to Greater Boston, Massachusetts organizations for programs in the areas of entrepreneurship and economic development, education, culture and leadership development, and environment and community building. Funding is available for special causes or unrestricted use, and occasional capital support.
The Paul and Edith Babson Foundation’s competitive grants program focuses on three program areas:
- Entrepreneurship and Economic Development: Programs focused on providing opportunities for youth and community entrepreneurship education, community economic development, job training for youth, and urban youth business and enterprise initiatives.
- Culture, Education, and Leadership Development: Programs focused on education and leadership development opportunities for young people. Programs may involve team sports, art, dance, music, and theater.
- Environment and Community Building: Programs focused on community building through urban community gardens and urban greenspace initiatives.
GrantWatch ID#: 177677
For reference, the grant range in 2015 was $1,000 to $12,000. The average grant was $5,000.
Geographic eligibility includes Greater Boston as defined by Route 128. Communities bordering Route 128 will be included.
The following types of requests will not be considered:
- Summer camps
- Support for specific individuals
- Fundraising or donor cultivation
An organization may submit only one application in a 12-month period.
Spring grant cycle:
- Application portal opens: January 21
- Applications due: February 21
- Trustees review: March-April
- Grant decisions: Early May
- Award funds distributed: Early June
Fall grant cycle
- Application portal opens: August 15
- Applications due: September 15
- Trustees review: October
- Grant decisions: Mid-November
- Award funds distributed: Early December
Please note: If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline is the next business day. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Applicants no longer need to submit a letter of intent (LOI) before submitting an application. The foundation has moved to a one-step application process. Organizations may submit only one application per 12-month period.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
Hannah Blaisdell, Program Officer
Michelle Jenney, Foundation Administrator
The Paul and Edith Babson Foundation
c/o GMA Foundations
2 Liberty Square, Suite 500
Boston, MA 02109
Tech support is available between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Call the Grants Manager at GMA Foundations or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
USA: Massachusetts: Greater Boston, as defined by Route 128, including communities bordering Route 128