Foundation / Corporation
Blue and You Foundation
Grants of $1,000 to Arkansas nonprofits, public schools, governmental agencies, hospitals, and churches for projects and programs that positively impact the health of Arkansas residents. Any health-related program or endeavor is eligible for funding, including funding the purchase of automated external defibrillators (AEDs) and related user training. Preference is given to projects that improve the policy, delivery, and economics of healthcare.
Projects must demonstrate strong community, regional or statewide support, such as co-funding by other community, regional, or statewide organizations or groups. Projects should also demonstrate operational and financial viability that will survive and continue after funding from the Blue & You Foundation ends.
Additional evaluation criteria includes:
- Relevance to Blue & You Foundation priorities
- Project design and feasibility
- Documentation of need
- Evidence of broad-based community involvement
- Innovativeness/learning opportunity
- Portability (usefulness in other locales)
- Leveraging potential
GrantWatch ID#: 177679
- Any 501(c)(3) public charity, public school, governmental agency or nonprofit hospital in Arkansas is eligible to apply. If the applying organization is located outside of Arkansas, the project to be funded must specifically benefit Arkansans.
- Churches are eligible, but their health improvement program must reach beyond its own congregation.
The following circumstances or proposal types may disqualify applicants from receiving a grant from the Foundation:
- Any organization that has received Foundation "regular grant" funding for a specific program for a total of two years is not eligible to reapply for subsequent "regular grant" funding for the same program. The same rule of "no more than two years of funding for the same program" also applies to mini-grants. After two years of funding for the same program, an organization is still eligible to apply for funding of a different health program.
- For organizations not based in Arkansas, the project must specifically benefit residents of Arkansas.
- Grants will not be made to: individuals; fundraising events or celebrations; political or lobbying organizations; fraternal, athletic or social organizations; organizations that do not directly serve Arkansas; religious organizations for religious purposes; capital or endowment of organizations; proposals that are principally for construction of facilities or purchase of large equipment; or for attendance at conferences.
- Proposals that are principally tobacco-related will not be considered because of the availability of funding from the Tobacco Settlement.
- Cannot be a private foundation under IRC § 509(a).
- Primary grantee cannot have a contractual relationship with Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield, its subsidiaries or affiliates.
Applications for mini-grants will be accepted in the months of January, February, and March, and are due March 15, 2018, by midnight. Funding decisions made within 10 days of submission.
You may receive only one mini-grant in a calendar year, and any organization that has received a mini-grant or regular grant from the Blue & You Foundation in the last two years is not eligible for a mini-grant. There is a two-year waiting period between mini-grants.
For more information on automated external defibrillators (AEDs) criteria, see Supporting Documents below.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
Patrick O'Sullivan, Executive Director
Blue & You Foundation
USAble Corporate Center
320 W. Capitol, Suite 200
Little Rock, AR 72201