Foundation / Corporation
Israel Innovation Authority and Jiangsu Science and Technology Department (JSTD)
Grants to Israel and China technology companies for collaborative research and development projects that will lead to the global commercialization of processes or products. Interested applicants are required to submit a Letter of Intent and Bilateral Cooperation Form prior to the full proposal. Funding is intended to support the development of new, innovative scientific and technological products and industrial processes, as well as the customization of existing technologies and products.
The Israel Innovation Authority together with the Jiangsu Science and Technology Department (JSTD) offer the Jiangsu Province (China) - Israel Program for Industrial R&D. The program is a bilateral framework providing financial support for collaborative industrial research and development ventures between Israeli and Chinese companies from the Jiangsu province, in accordance with the Product Adaptation Program. (See https://innovationisrael.org.il/en/program/incentive-program-adapting-products-emerging-markets). These joint projects must involve at least one Jiangsu and one Israeli company. All technology sectors are relevant for this grant program.
The goal of this program is to facilitate joint industrial research and development projects aimed at the development of products or processes leading to commercialization in the global market. This call is open to joint projects based on merit that include science and technology development leading to commercial success, social good, and benefit to both countries. This program also provides support for "product customization" - projects focused on developing new products based on the modification or customization of existing products or technologies, which are targeted at the Chinese market.
- The product should be highly innovative with significant commercial potential. The joint industrial research and development project should aim at the development of products/processes leading to commercialization in the global market.
- The project partners should agree in advance on the IP rights and on the commercialization strategy of the product or process.
- The project should demonstrate the contribution of the participants from both countries.
- The project must be balanced between participants and significant to both partners.
GrantWatch ID#: 177694
Funding support will be given to each partner by its own Implementing Organization (Jiangsu Science and Technology Department in Jiangsu province and the Israel Innovation Authority in Israel) in accordance with the National Laws, Rules, Regulations and procedures in effect, as follows:
- The total funding from the Government of Jiangsu under the Jiangsu-Israel R&D program financial support will be given to subsidize the Research and Development expenditure of the projects and will not exceed the total eligible and approved costs of the Research and Development, in accordance with the national laws and regulations.
- The total funding from the Government of Israel via the Israel Innovation Authority, under the Jiangsu-Israel Research and Development program financial support, will not exceed 50% of the eligible and approved costs of the Research and Development, in accordance with the Israel Innovation Authority national laws and regulations.
The project timeframe is limited to 2 (two) years.
At least two science and technology companies from the respective countries (i.e. at least one Jiangsu and one Israeli company) should express a desire to cooperate in the research and development of a new product or a new process.
The project may involve more than one company from each side; academic/research entities are eligible to join as sub-contractors only.
- In Israel - Eligible applicants will be Research and Development performing Israeli registered companies operating in Israel.
- In Jiangsu - Eligible applicants will be Research and Development performing Jiangsu registered companies operating in Jiangsu.
Deadline for Submission: 15/02/2019
- 14.11.2018: Launch of 1st Call for Proposals
- 15.2.2019: Deadline for submission of Bilateral Cooperation Form + Letter of Intent
- 28.2.2019: Notification to Companies – BCF Approval
- 18.3.2019: Deadline for submitting the "National Funding Application" in Israel and in Jiangsu (China)
- 19.3.2019 - June 2019: Evaluation Period in Israel and Jiangsu (China) in parallel
- June 2019 (Estimated): Joint Committee
The Israeli and Chinese partners whose projects have been selected will be informed of the results and the amount of funding for the successful projects by their respective implementing organizations possibly June 2019.
Applications submitted after the deadline of the call period would be considered eligible for the next call period.
A two stage application process will be followed; first the bi-lateral cooperation form. Only those applications meeting all basic criteria of the Call for Proposals will be invited to submit full project proposals in the National Format. The Common Bilateral Cooperation form must be submitted to both the Implementing Organization simultaneously within the deadline of the particular call period. For approved applications, full project proposal in the program National Format should be submitted to the respective Implementing Organizations.
For the submission phase, only an LOI (Letter of Intent), a preliminary agreement or draft MOU (memorandum of understanding) is required; however, the final agreement has to be presented to the funding authorities.
- Applicants should fill out a Bilateral Cooperation Form (Phase I Application) together with their partner, and prepare the Letter of Intent re: IP plan. The submitted form should be identical and filled out either in English or both English and Chinese .
- Apply (1st phase). Both companies (from Israel and Jiangsu) should submit their Bilateral Cooperation Form and Letter of Intent (LOI) via email to the Israeli and Jiangsu Program Managers according to the mentioned deadline.
- Both Israel Innovation Authority and Jiangsu Science and Technology Department representative will notify the companies whether they can proceed to 2nd phase submission. 2nd phase submission is done separately according to the forms, rules and regulations of Israel and Jiangsu.
The complete joint project application (bi-lateral application form) must be sent in softcopy simultaneously to Jiangsu Science and Technology Department in Jiangsu province and by email to Israel Innovation Authority in Israel in an appropriate official language (preferably in English) before the deadline of each call. The proposal (bi-lateral application form) must be signed by both Chinese and Israeli partners.
The Israeli partner is required to submit the National Application form in accordance with the Israel Innovation Authority regulations, through a Hebrew-language online portal on the official Israel Innovation Authority website. (For the Israel Innovation Authority online portal, see Contact Information below. For the Hebrew-language Israel Innovation Authority Guidelines, see https://innovationisrael.org.il/international/programsrnd/bilateral.)
A signed copy of the Common Application Format is required to be uploaded as well. The application in the prescribed format should be submitted to Israel Innovation Authority as well at the coordinates provided at the end of the document.
The Chinese partner will be required to submit the National Application Form in accordance with JSTD regulations, through an online system upon further notice by JSTD.
- In Israel - When a project results in sales of a product, service or process, the financial support must be repaid to the respective organizations/agencies from where funding has been availed as per their individual regulations.
- In Jiangsu - According to the existing rules and practices of Jiangsu province in supporting Research and Development activities of companies, currently the support for Jiangsu-Israel projects is in the form of grant without repayment.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For the Hebrew-language online application portal:
Ms. Merav Tapiero
Senior Program Manager
China Israel Industrial R&D Cooperation Framework
Israel Innovation Authority
4 Hayarden St.
Airport City, Israel
+972 (0)3 - 5118169
Ms. Guo Hong
Program Coordinator for Jiangsu-Israel Program
International Cooperation Division
Jiangsu Science and Technology Department
39 Beijing Road East, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
(P. O. Box 210008)
Mr. Xu Lei
Jiangsu Center of International Technology Transfer
Jiangsu S&T Exchange Center with Foreign Countries
189 Longpan Road, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210042
T: +86-25-85485960 M: +86-85413153
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.