Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa - Kossuth County Community Foundation (KCCF)
01/15/18 11:59 PM
Grants starting at $250 to Kossuth County, Iowa nonprofits and government entities for programs and projects that improve the quality of life of the local community. First-time grant seekers should contact the Foundation to discuss their proposals prior to applying. The funding is specifically intended to be used for programs in the areas of art and culture, community betterment, education, environment, health, historic preservation, and human service.
GrantWatch ID#: 177712
The grant request minimum is $250.
Grants are available to nonprofit organizations and government entities serving Kossuth County.
- Applying organizations must be (or be sponsored by) a charitable, tax-exempt, non-profit entity classified by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) organization, or equivalent tax-exempt organization.
- Government entities must provide their IRS determination letter or proof of governmental status.
- Other tax-exempt organizations may be eligible to apply for charitable projects that they conduct, but should call the Foundation administrative office to discuss the nature of their project prior to applying.
- Applicants must be in compliance with all KCCF funding requirements including having submitted all required reports for prior grant awards.
Ineligible Grant Requests:
- Participation in or intervening in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office, propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence legislation and/or influencing the outcome of any specific public election or carrying on, directly or indirectly, any voter registration drive.
- Any activity for any non-charitable purpose
- Projects that discriminate against any individual or group based on race, religious beliefs, ethnic or national origin, or other legally impermissible criteria.
- Projects that benefit for-profit businesses.
- Projects focused outside of Kossuth County unless there is a demonstrated material/direct benefit to a substantial number of Kossuth County residents.
- Church-affiliated organizations for religious purposes. Support may be provided to non-religious programs like child care, hunger centers, etc. provided through churches.
- Projects for fundraising events, such as galas or athletic tournaments.
- Requests for funds to retire an organization’s debt, to make up for deficit spending, or for endowment funds.
- Requests to individuals, including scholarships.
- Debt incurred or purchases made prior to KCCF grant award notification.
- Salary or operating expenses.
- Applications must be submitted online by 11:59 PM on January 15, 2018. Hard copy applications will not be considered.
- Grants from the Kossuth County Community Foundation will be approved in March 2018.
- All applicants will be notified of the results of the grant process by mid-March 2018.
- Grant awards will be presented at a ceremony in April 2018.
It is suggested that applicants, in particular first-time applicants, contact the Program Manager to explore the appropriateness of requests and for any further guidance.
Applicant Eligibility: https://www.cfneia.org/grants/grantseeker-resources/applicant-eligibility
Using the Online Grant System: https://www.cfneia.org/grants/grantseeker-resources/using-the-online-grant-system
Grantwriting Tips and Resources: https://www.cfneia.org/grants/grantseeker-resources/grantwriting-tips-and-resources
Grant Site Video Tutorial: http://www.foundant.com/applicant-tutorial.php
Applicants with Fiscal Sponsors: https://www.cfneia.org/grants/grantseeker-resources/using-the-online-grant-system#fiscalsponsors
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the administrative office at 319-243-1358 or firstname.lastname@example.org with specific questions.
If this is the first time you are applying for a grant from the Community Foundation call the Program Director or Program Manager to discuss your proposal.
General Contact Information:
Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa
3117 Greenhill Circle
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613
USA: Iowa: Kossuth County