Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa - Kossuth County Community Foundation (KCCF)
01/15/19 11:59 PM
Grants starting at $500 to Kossuth County, Iowa nonprofit organizations and government agencies for programs that improve the quality of life for local residents. Funding is intended to support projects in the areas of community betterment, art and culture, environment, education, historic preservation, health, and human service.
The Kossuth County Community Foundation wants to help develop communities that people want to live in, as well as to benefit rural areas of the County.
- The relevance of the proposed project to KCCF’s mission areas of focus (the extent to which the proposal addresses a community need, demonstrates broad-based community support, and provides benefits to the community-at-large)
- Ability of the proposed project to leverage funding and support from other sources
- Extent to which the proposal maximizes community resources through cooperation and collaboration with other organizations in the community and the elimination of redundant services, programs, or projects
- The capacity of the applicant’s organization and staff to achieve the desired result
- The sustainability of the proposed project without additional long-term financial commitments from KCCF
GrantWatch ID#: 177712
Grant request minimum is $500. Requests under $500 will not be considered.
To be eligible for a grant, applicants must be 501(c)(3), tax-exempt non-profit organizations or government entities in good standing with the IRS, and the projects must benefit the residents of Kossuth County. Charitable projects conducted by tax-exempt organizations classified as other than 501(c)(3) may also be eligible; applicants should contact the Foundation's administrative office to discuss their proposal.
- For groups, projects, or initiatives that are not classified by the IRS as 501(c)(3), tax-exempt non-profit organizations (or equivalent) or government entities, the Foundation will consider requests if submitted through a fiscal sponsor. Fiscal sponsors must be classified as a 501(c)(3) or a government entity. The Foundation prefers that the fiscal sponsor’s mission closely align with the sponsored project.
- Eligible applicants may also include: Churches (community services/activities), economic development organizations (for marketing/education that benefits the whole community, not just member businesses), and service clubs with eligible tax exempt status (for charitable projects).
One application per organization may be submitted with the exemption of Government Entities and Fiscal Sponsors. However, fiscal sponsors may submit only one application per sponsored organization and government entities may submit only one application per department. Schools are considered government entities for grant purposes.
If the organization has received past funding from the Kossuth County Community Foundation, all grant reporting must be up to date and in good standing, or they will be considered ineligible to apply.
Ineligible Applicants and Projects Include:
- Individuals (including scholarships)
- Businesses/For-Profit Companies
- Inherently religious activities such as religious worship, instruction, or proselytization or activities that promote specific religious doctrine
- Associations for activities directly benefiting their members
- Requests for partisan political or lobbying activities
- Operational requests from other foundations
Funding for the following will not be considered: Fundraising activities, debt repayment, endowment contributions, and project expenses incurred prior to grant notifications.
Requests for operating and salary expenses will not be considered.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 pm on January 15, 2019.
Grant Decisions and Award Dates:
- Applications are due by 11:59pm on January 15, 2019.
- Grants from the Kossuth County Community Foundation will be approved in March 2019.
- All applicants will be notified of the results of the grant process by mid-March 2019.
- Grant awards will be presented at a ceremony in April 2019.
Applications must be submitted through the foundation’s online grant management system. Late, incomplete, or hard copy applications will not be considered.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the Foundation's administrative office with specific questions. It is suggested that applicants, in particular first-time applicants, contact Program Manager Dotti Thompson to explore the appropriateness of requests and for any further guidance.
Using the Online Grant System: https://www.cfneia.org/grants/grantseeker-resources/using-the-online-grant-system
Grantwriting Tips and Resources: https://www.cfneia.org/grants/grantseeker-resources/grantwriting-tips-and-resources
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=cfneia
Affiliate Development Director
Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa
3117 Greenhill Circle
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613
USA: Iowa: Kossuth County