Louisville Cultural Council (LCC)
01/15/19 5:00 PM Receipt
Grants of up to $1,500 and in-kind support to Louisville, Colorado individual artists and arts organizations to carry out local arts programs and projects. Consideration will be given to programs involving arts education and artistic expression. Programs that reach underserved audiences are highly encouraged.
The art grant program provides financial and facility support to individuals and organizations utilizing the arts as their primary means of expression. In awarding these grants, the Louisville Cultural Council seeks to further their mission of engaging a diverse social, cultural, and creative community. Diversity of media and creative artistic expression is encouraged.
Evaluation criteria includes but is not limited to:
- Community reach/Number of people served
- Adds program diversity(subject matter, artistic discipline, etc.)
- Reaches underserved audiences
- Merit of the program or event
- Demonstrated ability of the applicant to execute the program.
Performance Space: Applicants may request one complimentary day of use of the Louisville Center for the Arts or Steinbaugh Pavilion (new for 2019). Dates may be reserved on a first come, first served basis once grantees have been notified of their award.
Rehearsal Space is not guaranteed as part of the grant award. However, one additional complimentary day for rehearsal may be awarded if a mutually agreeable date is available. Additional time for rehearsal or additional Louisville Cultural Council performances is subject to normal rental fees.
Marketing: The Louisville Cultural Council will assist with distribution of promotional materials such as posters and listing on the City Arts and Events Calendar. Grant recipients must provide copies of materials 6 weeks prior to their event. All materials must include the LCC logo or listing the Louisville Cultural Council as a sponsor.
GrantWatch ID#: 177816
Applicants may request up to $1,500 in funding. Grant awards include one complimentary day of rental for the performance/event.
All projects must take place between March 1, 2019 and February 29, 2020.
- Artists and arts organizations must be based and/or conduct business in Louisville, Colorado.
- Projects must take place in Louisville, Colorado.
- Any individual or organization may apply. Organizations do not need to have 501c(3) status to apply.
The application must be received by 5:00 PM on Tuesday, January 15, 2019.
Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate additional sources of funding for their project in addition to the Louisville Cultural Council’s Art Grant Request.
- December 2018: Art Grant Program applications available
- January 15, 2019: Deadline for Application
- January 17, 2019: LCC Receives Grants for Review
- February 21, 2019: Grant Review Meeting - meeting is open to the public
- Week of February 25: Grant Awardees Notified
- Post Event: Art Grant Evaluation forms are due from all awardees no later than 60 days after the program/event
Grant recipients are the producers and presenters of their projects. As such, they are responsible for all aspects of executing the project including but not limited to any technical or A/V needs of the project, and all advertising and promotion of the event. Grant recipients may charge admission and keep all ticket revenues.
Information about Rehearsal Space: http://www.louisvilleco.gov/visitors/center-for-the-arts
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit applications to: KZoss@LouisvilleCO.gov
Or mail/hand-deliver to:
Louisville Cultural Council, C/O Katie Zoss
749 Main Street
Louisville, CO 80027
With questions, please call or email Katie Zoss, Cultural Arts and Special Events Coordinator, 303.335.4581, or at email above.
USA: Colorado: Louisville