Foundation / Corporation
The Sherwood Foundation
02/15/19 12:00 Midnight
Grants to Nebraska nonprofits, government entities, and churches to support the ongoing costs of daily operations, such as administrative and overhead expenses. Eligible organizations are those working to address the categories of early childhood education, Omaha Public Schools, or urban or rural community partnerships.
Funding is intended to allow nonprofits to become more strategic about building organizational infrastructure, addressing community issues, and crafting internal solutions to enhance effectiveness.
The Sherwood Foundation believes that providing operating support can make all the difference to nonprofit organizations by providing flexible funding to cover the ongoing costs of day-to-day operations. This type of support can free nonprofits to become more strategic about how they address community issues, craft internal solutions to enhance effectiveness, and build organizational infrastructure.
GrantWatch ID#: 177907
The Foundation does not make multi-year operating grants.
To qualify, an organization must:
- Be classified as tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3), a government entity or a church and must be in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service
- Be located within the state of Nebraska (If located outside of Nebraska, funds can only be used for projects within the state of Nebraska)
In addition, grant applications now include the following requirements:
- Grantees must be an active and dues paying member of the Nonprofit Association of the Midlands (NAM);
- Utilize the NAM "Guidelines and Principles" tools, take the assessments and work towards a "Best Practice Partnership" status with NAM;
- Participate in the online salary survey administered by NAM on an annual basis.
To become a member: https://www.nonprofitam.org/page/JoinNow
The Foundation only accepts requests for funding operating grants through the online application process. The application will be available from January 1 through February 15. The deadline is February 15, 2019, at 12:00 midnight annually for the current year’s operations.
Applicants will receive notification via email within 90 business days of the deadline on the status of their application. Any inquiries made prior to 90 business days will not be returned or addressed.
The Sherwood Foundation values: https://sherwoodfoundation.org/about-us/
FAQ for applicants: https://sherwoodfoundation.org/apply/faqs/
For all other grant application information click here: https://sherwoodfoundation.org/what-we-fund/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To create an account and request an application: http://www.grantrequest.com/SID_1653?SA=AM
The Sherwood Foundation
808 Conagra Drive, Suite 200
Omaha, NE 68102