Foundation / Corporation
Connecticut Community Foundation (CCF)
10/05/18 11:59 PM EST (Midnight)
Grants averaging between $5,000 and $10,000 to Connecticut nonprofits and municipal entities in the Greater Waterbury and Litchfield Hills area for programs that support early childhood education and care. Funding is intended to increase the number of children reading on grade level by age eight by focusing on the literacy and social and emotional skills of children starting at birth, so they are ready for kindergarten.
Possible projects include those that will:
- Increase the collaboration between school systems and preschools to improve quality, align instruction, and develop stronger kindergarten transition processes.
- Improve the quality of preschool literacy instruction by supporting teachers with individualized, on-site coaching and consultation, and align curriculum with the Connecticut Early Learning Development Standards (ELDS).
- Support preschools that are exploring or maintaining accreditation from the National Association for Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
GrantWatch ID#: 177934
The average amount is between $5,000 and $10,000. Grants for larger amounts can be considered; in that case applicants are encouraged to contact the Foundation to discuss the the project in advance of submission.
Grant support is available over multiple years, although it is considered one year at a time. If interested in pursuing multiyear funding, simply submit an initial request for one year. In the following year, you may request continued funding through the Foundation’s online grant application.
- Must be a not-for-profit organization recognized under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or a municipal entity seeking a grant for public purposes.
- Located within and/or providing services to residents of the 21-town service area. (see the link in Grant Coverage Areas for details)
- Must have a board, representative of the community, of which a majority is neither employees nor relatives of employees.
- Possess a Nonprofit Registration to Solicit Funds (or exemption, if appropriate) from the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection. This registration must be renewed annually. Learn more, confirm registration, or file for an exemption here: http://ct.gov/dcp/cwp/view.asp?a=1654&q=459952
Ineligible for funding:
- Requests for political or religious purposes
- Requests from municipalities or religious organizations for buildings or associated expenses (however, the Foundation may consider support for equipment if it is specifically part of an eligible programmatic request)
- Requests for capital expenditures on buildings not owned by a nonprofit
Early care and education proposals are accepted twice annually. Deadlines are February 5 and October 5, by 11:59 PM EST (Midnight).
Applications and deadlines: http://conncf.org/supporting-nonprofits/apply-for-a-grant/
Preview the application here:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online: https://app.smarterselect.com/program/apply/47200?apply=true
Ellen Carter, Community Leadership Director,
USA: Connecticut: Greater Waterbury and the Litchfield Hills