Foundation / Corporation
Friends of Hawaii Charities
01/31/18 4:30 HST
Grants to Hawaii nonprofits and government agencies for community impact programming that benefits women, elderly, children and youth, needy, and the impoverished. Eligible programs are those that focus on education and arts, healthcare and basic needs, and social services. Social services include programming in the areas of drug rehabilitation, family abuse, job rehabilitation, and services for the elderly, terminally ill, and disabled. Funding should support direct program needs and not overhead costs.
- Is the nonprofit focused and best able to provide an unfilled need for Hawaii's children, youth, women, elderly, and needy?
- Does the program have clearly defined goals, action plans, and measurable outcomes?
- Will the program significantly deliver on its services?
- Will the grant award be used efficiently? How little of the financial support will be used for overhead costs, and how much will be used for direct program needs?
GrantWatch ID#: 177949
To be considered for funding, an organization must be a public agency or a not-for-profit organization certified under the Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code.
Generally considered outside grants guidelines:
- Endowment campaigns
- Salaries for staff and professionals
- General overhead and operating costs such as rent, travel expenses, equipment maintenance, and administrative expenses.
The 2018 grants deadline is January 31, 2018.
The application process includes completion of the online grant summary and hard copy grant application accompanied by designated required documents.
Receipt of your application will be acknowledged within 30 days of the deadline. Contact the funding source if you do not receive this acknowledgment.
Grant awards notification will occur by the end of May through written correspondence.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Complete the online grant application:
Then, print and mail it along with the other required documents to:
Friends of Hawaii Charities, Inc.
735 Bishop Street
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813