Sarasota County Neighborhood Services
09/03/19 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $10,000 to Sarasota County, Florida civic organizations, homeowner's associations, and resident-based groups for small projects to improve local neighborhoods. Neighborhood representatives must attend a seminar before applying, and applicants must notify the funding source of their intent to apply.
The Neighborhood Initiative Grant Program meets its objectives through five project themes:
- Character – “place-making” through the creation or enhancement of assets that are a source of neighborhood pride and identity
- Leadership – training neighborhood leaders or teams, and developing skills, for neighborhood governance or action
- Safety – equipping the neighborhood with knowledge or tools to prevent, prepare for, confront or respond to incidences of crime, danger or disaster
- Environment – protecting water & energy resources, and native plants & animals
- Health – increasing access to nutritious diets, physical or mental fitness opportunities, or health education
GrantWatch ID#: 178007
Matching grants of up to $10,000
Approved projects must be completed, and Final Report submitted, within one year of the BCC approval date.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For more information about the grant process and to register for a seminar, contact:
Sarasota County’s Neighborhood Services
USA: Florida: Sarasota County