Foundation / Corporation
Cultural Alliance of York County
12/14/18 4:00 PM Electronic submittal; hard copies must be postmarked or delivered by the deadline.
Grants of up to $25,000 to York County, Pennsylvania nonprofits and individuals for arts projects and programs that foster community cohesiveness and contribute positively to the local economy. Both new ideas and projects, as well as established programs, are encouraged to apply.
The Creative Impact Awards Inspire Children, Energize Neighborhoods, and Create Community in York County by funding arts-based projects and programs that impact the York County region one of two key ways: Contributing to a thriving local economy, and creating a more connected community.
Contributing To A Thriving Local Economy eligible programs:
- Unique arts experiences such as arts fairs and historic attractions make York County more exciting for residents and attractive for visitors.
- Programs and arts hubs such as a live music concert series or community arts centers that create sustained excitement and activity in a neighborhood, making it a more attractive and inviting place.
- Activities such as one-of-a-kind artist residencies and teaching artist workshops at area schools that transform education by improving student motivation, attitudes, and attendance and making students more likely to succeed.
Creating A More Connected Community eligible programs:
- Community-wide activities like large-scale festivals and live arts events that bring different kinds of people together to share experiences and increase tolerance and understanding.
- Art making and learning activities for adults and children that provide opportunities for growth and learning through hands-on art.
- Arts experiences like live theater performances that happen in parts of York County that would otherwise not be available and that contribute to a sense of community pride.
Continuing education for individuals or agencies pursuing further education or professional development is eligible if it will be used to contribute to one of the two focus areas.
- Strength of Creative Product/Process/Service
- Access to the Arts
GrantWatch ID#: 178045
Grant amounts up to $25,000 will be considered.
Funded project activities must take place between January 1 and December 31 of the award year. Exceptions will be made for school-based projects using the school calendar.
Organizations and individuals applying for Creative Impact Awards must have their main location in York County and should demonstrate a commitment to programs of local impact. Grantees may be professional, semi-professional, or amateur, and must be nonprofit in nature. Individual artists age 18 and older are eligible. All grants are awarded based on a review by the Creative Impact Awards Committee.
Programs or projects that are new ideas, as well as projects, programs and events that are well-established are eligible.
Events closed to the public, religious activities, prizes or competitions, and capital expenditures are not eligible.
An information session for interested applicants will be held on Thursday, November 1, at 4:00 pm at the Cultural Alliance office located at 14 West Market Street in downtown York. Attendance is free, but space is limited. RSVP to secure your seat by emailing Kelley Gibson.
First-time applicants may schedule a brief interview with the President of the Cultural Alliance at least two weeks prior to the grant submission deadline. Please call the Cultural Alliance to schedule an appointment.
Applicants are limited to one grant per funding year.
Applications are due the second Friday of December, by 4:00 PM. One electronic copy of the grant must be submitted by 4:00 PM deadline, and one original signed copy must be post-marked by the second Friday of December or hand-delivered.
The applicant must provide a 1:1 match of funds requested. At least 50% of the match must be cash.
Applicants will be notified of funding decision by the end of February.
Grants will be awarded in March.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mary Anne Winkelman, President
Mail completed applications to:
Cultural Alliance of York County
14 West Market Street
York, PA 17401
Phone: (717) 812-9255
USA: Pennsylvania: York County