Foundation / Corporation
The Portland Foundation
01/04/18 5:00 PM EST
Grants to Jay County, Indiana nonprofits for projects in the areas of community development, health and human services, arts and culture, education, and youth. Funding is available for start-up costs for new programs, one-time program needs, and capital projects.
In addition, field of interest funding is available on a limited basis for the areas of:
- Emergency service agencies
- The benefit of elderly citizens of Jay County
- Portland area general community improvement
- Needy families
- Historical facilities
- Care and prevention of cruelty to animals
- Handicapped children
- Education of sensory impaired children
GrantWatch ID#: 178048
Funds shall be expended during the calendar year awarded.
The Foundation makes grants to tax-exempt (501)(c) organizations operating or proposing to operate programs for the benefit of Jay County residents.
- Individuals other than scholarships (separate applications exist for the scholarship program)
- Organizations for religious or sectarian purposes
- Make-up of operating deficits, post-event or after-the-fact situations
- Endowment campaigns
- For any propaganda, political or otherwise, attempting to influence legislation or intervene in any political affairs or campaigns.
In addition, the Foundation board is reluctant to approve grants to any organization for the purpose of maintaining an on-going operating budget or for multi-year grant requests. (Please contact the Foundation office before submitting a multi-year grant request). However, exceptions to this may be made at the discretion of the Board.
To facilitate the preparation of complete grant applications, applicants are encouraged to utilize Foundation staff assistance. Contact the Foundation office at (260) 726-4260 if you have any questions or need assistance with your application.
In addition, Foundation staff may contact you to arrange a conference to discuss the application, your organization, or your request. This may be in the form of a site visit, telephone conversation, or a meeting. All proposals will be reviewed by Foundation staff for completeness and to ensure they fit within the general guidelines.
The deadline date (EST Time Zone) is July 3, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application: https://portlandfoundationgrants.communityforce.com/Login.aspx
112 East Main Street
Portland, IN 47371
Phone: (260) 726-4260
Fax: (260) 726-4273
USA: Indiana: Jay County