New York City and Company Foundation and Manhattan Borough President Gale A. Brewer
01/19/18 5:00 PM EST Receipt
Grants to Manhattan, New York nonprofit arts and cultural organizations for audience development initiatives and the marketing of cultural-tourism opportunities. Funding will support a variety of projects that promote awareness of cultural offerings in neighborhoods throughout the borough.
Working in partnership with Manhattan Borough President Gale A. Brewer, the Foundation grants funds to support nonprofit arts and cultural organizations identified by the Borough President. These projects must be consistent with the Foundation’s mission to support cultural tourism and educate audiences about the range of cultural opportunities that the borough of Manhattan has to offer.
NYC & Company Foundation Mission:
The NYC & Company Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable and educational organization whose mission is to support tourism to New York City by promoting the arts and cultural organizations that make visiting New York a special and exciting experience. Since its inception in 1999, the Foundation has created and implemented a range of audience development and outreach projects to educate domestic and international visitors about the vibrant cultural community throughout all five boroughs.
GrantWatch ID#: 178067
Funds granted by the NYC & Company Foundation may ONLY be received and used for not-for-profit 501(c)(3) arts and cultural organizations to promote their events, exhibitions or activities.
Per NYC & Company's new policy, organizations that have been or will be awarded grants from NYC & Company and/or the NYC & Company Foundation directly for the calendar year 2016 or 2017 are not eligible for the 2018 Manhattan Cultural Tourism Grant.
Projects eligible for funding under the program shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Development, production and distribution of a cultural organization’s promotional materials (brochures, posters, maps, websites, videos and slides)
2. Special cultural events or projects supported by the borough president and designed to bring visitors to the borough and the borough’s not-for-profit cultural assets
3. Cultural advertising targeted to the inbound visitor market(s)
4. Research to determine visitor profiles, identify markets or measure economic impact of cultural organizations’ tourism outreach initiatives
Costs associated with borough projects that are NOT eligible for funding from the NYC & Company Foundation include, but are not limited to:
1. Payments and/or benefits for personnel or consultants
2. Capital projects, rent and/or structural rehabilitation
3. Travel and entertainment
4. Membership dues or fees
5. Postage or office supplies
6. Business-to-business projects
7. Promotion of for-profit entities
8. Projects that promote organizations outside New York City
9. Any activities associated with political lobbying or campaigning
All proposals must be received by the Manhattan Borough President’s Office by Friday, January 19th, 2018 at 5:00 PM EST.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register online to apply:
If you have questions about the grant process, please contact:
Debbie Timothy, Capital Project and Budget Analyst
If you would like to speak with NYC & Company Foundation about the specifics of your program, please contact:
Carianne Carleo-Evangelist, Senior Director, Arts & Cultural Programs
USA: New York City: Manhattan; New York