Foundation / Corporation
Finlandia Foundation National (FFN)
01/17/18 Emailed or Postmarked by Date
Grants of up to $5,000 to USA individuals and organizations for high-quality projects that focus on Finnish and Finnish-American heritage, history, arts, and culture. Funding will be provided for projects that relate to the past, present, or future of Finnish and Finnish-American culture.
Funded projects are characterized by many of the following:
- Receives favorable attention and has a high profile and visibility.
- Will be experienced by many people.
- Appeals to all Americans, not only ethnic Finns.
- Involves worthy activity for children and young adults to assure an interest in Finnish and Finnish-American culture by future generations.
- Has multiplier or leverage qualities.
- Can be replicated or become a permanent addition to the cultural life of a community.
- Is well planned and implemented by individuals or groups.
- Involves service of volunteers.
- Has a detailed budget, income, and expenses.
- Adds to the body of research about Finnish and Finnish-American culture.
- If applicable, includes a marketing plan for a project that involves sales of items or event tickets.
GrantWatch ID#: 178080
$5,000 is the maximum you may request.
Grant proposals must relate to a project occurring between May 1 of the grant year and April 30 of the following year.
Applicants who have received a grant within the past three years will generally not be funded, unless the purpose of the grant is sufficiently different and meritorious as to warrant special consideration
Grant applications may be sent via e-mail or mail. All applications must be e-mailed or postmarked by January 17, 2018.
Grants must be supported by a chapter of FFN. Click here for the list of chapters: http://finlandiafoundation.org/about-ffn/chapters/
See the Supporting Documents section below to access the application.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Grant applications may be sent via email or mail to the addresses below.
Maria Kizirian, Assistant to the Board of Trustees
Finlandia Foundation National
470 W. Walnut
USA: Alaska; Arizona; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Montana; New York City; New York; Ohio; Oregon; Pennsylvania; South Dakota; Texas; Utah; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington