Foundation / Corporation
Finlandia Foundation National (FFN)
01/17/19 11:59 PM PST
Grants of up to $5,000 to USA individuals and organizations for high-quality projects that focus on Finnish and Finnish-American heritage, history, arts, and culture. Funding is intended for competitive projects that relate to the past, present, or future of Finnish and Finnish-American culture.
Projects that receive funding are characterized by the following:
- Receives favorable attention and has a high profile and visibility
- Will be experienced by many people
- Appeals to all Americans, not only ethnic Finns
- Involves worthy activity for children and young adults to assure an interest in Finnish and Finnish-American culture by future generations
- Has multiplier or leverage qualities
- Can be replicated or become a permanent addition to the cultural life of a community
- Is well planned and implemented by individuals or groups
- Involves service of volunteers
- Has a detailed budget, income, and expenses
- Adds to the body of research about Finnish and Finnish-American culture
- If applicable, includes a marketing plan for a project that involves sales of items or event tickets
GrantWatch ID#: 178080
$5,000 is the maximum you may request.
Grant proposals must relate to a project occurring between May 1 of the grant year and April 30 of the following year.
- Individuals and organizations may apply.
- Applicants who have received a grant within the past three years will generally not be funded, unless the purpose of the grant is sufficiently different and meritorious as to warrant special consideration
Grant applications must be sent via e-mail by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on January 17. An email or phone call to the office to confirm receipt is advised. This deadline relates to all application materials, including attachments and letters of recommendation sent separately.
Grants must be supported by a chapter of FFN. Click here for the list of chapters: http://finlandiafoundation.org/about-ffn/chapters/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Maria Kizirian, Assistant to the Board of Trustees
Finlandia Foundation National
470 W. Walnut
P.O. Box 92046
Pasadena, CA 91109-2046
USA: Alaska; Arizona; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Idaho; Illinois; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Montana; New York City; New York; Ohio; Oregon; Pennsylvania; South Dakota; Texas; Utah; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington