Foundation / Corporation
Eagan Foundation (EFI)
01/15/19 Postmarked or Received
Grants typically ranging between $500 and $1,500 to Eagan, Minnesota nonprofit organizations for projects that will benefit the community directly. Funding is intended for programs that target the following areas of need: shelter/housing, at-risk youth, those in economic need, access to nutritious food, youth development, and community building, as well as other initiatives that fund arts and other programs that make Eagan the best place to live, learn, work, and play.
Previous grants were awarded for a broad range of proposals, including art workshops and shows, housing services and computer services for youth experiencing homelessness, and one-to-one mentoring programs for at risk teenagers.
GrantWatch ID#: 178149
Grants have typically ranged between $500 and $1,500.
The following criteria will be used in awarding grants:
- Funds must be used in a way that there is a direct benefit to Eagan community; use of grant dollars within Eagan
- Nonprofit organization, not necessarily formally incorporated if for general community benefit purposes
- Organization does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, disabled veteran status, national origin, marital status or national origin.
- Income tax exempt, or fiscal agency relationship with tax exempt
- Established history and credibility of organization or group
- General approach will be to provide funding of tangible items. Requests to support staff, for time of people, for organizational overhead (rent, utility payments, etc.) are less likely to be funded
- Absence of conflict of interest with Foundation governance and staff
- Within Foundation’s annual budget
- Within Foundation’s annual grant making priorities
The following organizations or activities are ineligible to receive funding from the Eagan Foundation:
- Political organizations that promote candidates, issues, causes or campaigns.
- Organizations whose primary purpose is to influence legislation.
- Organizations that are considered “for profit.”
- Religious organizations, except for programs designed to serve the community as a whole without regard to religious affiliation.
All applications must be postmarked or emailed by Tuesday, January 15, 2019.
Decisions will be announced by February 11, 2019. Recipients will be recognized at an Awards Coffee on during the week of March 4-8, 2019 at 7:30 am. Details will be sent to the awarded applicants.
Community Grants Program: http://www.eaganfoundation.org/community-grants/community-grants-program/
Application documents can be found here:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications should be mailed to:
P.O. Box 211192
Eagan, MN 55121
Or emailed (as a single attachment in either PDF or Word format) to jamie.hopkins@EaganFoundation.org
Email contact form:
USA: Minnesota: Eagan