Foundation / Corporation
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana Foundation
09/15/17 4:30 PM
Grants to Louisiana nonprofits that have previously received grants from this funding source for innovative projects to improve the wellbeing of local residents. Projects of particular interest are those in the areas of education, health, and child welfare. Applications must initiate their request through a Letter of Inquiry.
Preference is given to projects that reflect novel initiatives, which reach out to encompass new and diverse communities, and that reflect and communicate the values and impact of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana Foundation.
The ideal Special Projects grant project is:
- Serving a clearly defined need within the community
- Building on the success of a past grant project with the Blue Cross Foundation
- Properly staffed by an organization with capacity to complete the proposed project
- Designed to make an impact on Louisiana communities over the long term
- Planned to achieve specific and measurable outcomes, with thoughtful and objective evaluation built in
- Able to communicate the values and impact of the Foundation within the community served.
GrantWatch ID#: 178175
The maximum amount awarded per grant will be $100,000.
Projects must take less than one year to complete.
Applicants must be:
- Designated a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization by the IRS
The Foundation gives only to nonprofits working for charitable, religious, scientific, literary and other organizations under Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3).
- Organizations with whom the Foundation has a past granting history.
- Registered “in good standing” with the Louisiana Secretary of State
All organizations must be up-to-date on their filings with the Louisiana Secretary of State.
- Domiciled in Louisiana
Grants are dispensed only to organizations who are based in Louisiana and working for the welfare of Louisianians.
The Foundation does not make grants to the following under any circumstances:
- Programs or events outside of Louisiana
- Organizations that are not tax-exempt
- Political campaigns, candidates, parties or partisan activities
- Sectarian, denominational or religious organizations for support of theological functions
- Athletes or athletic teams
- Beauty pageants
- Direct funding of labor, fraternal or veterans’ organizations
- Students raising funds for travel to an out-of-state competition
- Parent-teacher organizations
- Organizations that are in direct competition with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Organizations or causes that do not complement the Foundation's goals for corporate social responsibility
- Providers on contract with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana.
1. Submit a one-page Letter of Inquiry online at the link below (Contact Information)
2. If the designated project is selected for the next phase of consideration, the applicant will be asked to submit a formal application online.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online LOI application: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_1588/Default.asp?SA=SNA&FID=35028&SESID=30515&RL
For assistance in Letter of Inquiry submission, email: