Foundation / Corporation
International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
Award of up to $2,500 to a USA, Canada, or International educator (age 35 or younger) to recognize outstanding work to enhance education through the implementation of technology. The selected recipient will have made a notable impact on education, and actively shares ideas and uses his or her professional learning network to improve his or her professional work.
Award judges will use the following selection criteria:
- The applicant's work models an understanding of the responsibilities related to an evolving digital culture by advocating and practicing safe, legal and responsible use of information technology.
- The applicant exhibits leadership for digital citizenship and a positive attitude toward using technology that supports collaboration, learning, and productivity.
- The applicant understands, selects and uses tools and resources effectively to develop and evaluate authentic learning opportunities to demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge and develop innovative outcomes using technology.
- The applicant continuously improves his or her professional practice and exhibits leadership in his or her school and/or professional community by promoting and demonstrating the effective use of digital tools and resources.
- The applicant's work reflects ISTE’s mission to empower learners to flourish in a connected world by cultivating a passionate learning community; linking educators and partners; leveraging knowledge and expertise; advocating for strategic policies and continually improving learning and teaching.
The award winner will receive:
-Recognition at the ISTE Conference & Expo
-Complimentary registration to the ISTE Conference & Expo
-Up to $1,000 travel stipend to attend the ISTE Conference & Expo
-A $1,500 cash prize
-A one-year ISTE membership
-An engraved plaque recognizing the recipient's outstanding achievement
-Recognition in ISTE publications, in press releases provided to local media, and on iste.org
GrantWatch ID#: 178180
Awardee will receive a travel stipend of up to $1,000 to attend the ISTE Conference & Expo, and a $1,500 cash prize.
The applicant must be an educator who will be 35 or under on July 15, 2018.
Award applications are open Friday, December 1, 2017 to Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
Application requirements and judging criteria: https://www.iste.org/membership/awards/nominationCriteria?awardtypeid=2
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply for an Award: https://www.iste.org/membership/awards/awardContact?awardtypeid=2
Nominate a Colleague: https://www.iste.org/membership/awards/nominatecolleague?awardtypeid=2
1530 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 730
Arlington, VA 22209
800.336.5191 (U.S. & Canada)
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.