Foundation / Corporation
International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
Award of up to $2,000 to a USA, Canada, or International school system to recognize the outstanding use of technology to enhance education. Nominees can be organizations such as school boards, educational organizations, school districts, and secretariat of education. This award category has two areas of focus:
- Widespread implementation: The winner will ensure equitable and appropriate technology use for all students in the system, aimed at improving learner outcomes and increasing learning opportunities.
- Innovation: Progress in education, as in all endeavors of our society, depends on new ideas.
Award judges will use the following selection criteria:
- The effectiveness of the district technology implementation program shows impact on student performance, teachers and district culture by supporting innovation and promoting the frequent and effective use of technology for learning.
- Use of ISTE Standards and Essential Conditions (or a local/statewide derivative) for informing the planning and implementation process for effectively leveraging technology to support learning.
- The planning process shows evidence of proactive leadership and shared vision among all stakeholders including teachers, support staff, school and district administrators, teacher educators, students, parents, and the community.
- The nominee’s work shows evidence of partnerships and collaboration with other districts to support the use of ICT and digital learning resources.
- The description of innovation within the program shows a willingness to try new things that help create, promote and sustain a dynamic, digital-age learning culture.
- The nominee's work can be used as a model for other school systems.
- The nominee’s work reflects ISTE’s mission to empower learners to flourish in a connected world by cultivating a passionate learning community; linking educators and partners; leveraging knowledge and expertise; advocating for strategic policies; and continually improving learning and teaching.
The award winner will receive:
-Recognition at the ISTE Conference & Expo
-Complimentary registrations to the ISTE Conference & Expo (up to four)
-Up to $2,000 for travel expenses to attend the ISTE Conference & Expo (one per team)
-One-year ISTE membership (up to four)
-An engraved plaque recognizing the recipient's outstanding achievement (one per team)
-Recognition in ISTE publications, in press releases provided to local media and on iste.org
GrantWatch ID#: 178182
The awardee will receive up to $2,000 for travel expenses to attend the ISTE Conference & Expo (one per team).
This award recognizes a school system larger than one individual school (school district, school board, secretariat of education, or education organization).
Award applications are open Friday, December 1, 2017 to Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
Application requirements and Judging Criteria: https://www.iste.org/membership/awards/nominationCriteria?awardtypeid=5
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply for an Award: https://www.iste.org/membership/awards/awardContact?awardtypeid=5
Nominate a Colleague: https://www.iste.org/membership/awards/nominatecolleague?awardtypeid=5
1530 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 730
Arlington, VA 22209
800.336.5191 (U.S. & Canada)
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.