Foundation / Corporation
The Self Family Foundation
Grants to South Carolina area organizations for education programs and health care services in Greenwood and its surrounding counties. Funding is also available for art, culture, and history programs for community members. Potential applicants are requested to contact the Foundation Program Officer by email or phone prior to submitting their proposal.
Applicants should demonstrate their commitment to helping local residents rebuild their community from the inside out by focusing on assets and mobilizing relationships between local institutions, businesses, and residents.
Primary Priority Grant Target Areas:
Education: Enhancing children’s school readiness; working together with schools, families, youth-serving organizations and other community organizations to support the intellectual and social development of our young people.
Health Care: Individual and community wellness and prevention; revitalizing neighborhoods through collaboration with community organizations, businesses, public institutions and local residents.
Secondary Priority Grant Target Areas:
Arts, culture, and history: Increasing awareness of and access to activities specifically within Greenwood, South Carolina.
GrantWatch ID#: 178211
- Primary geographic area of interest is Greenwood, South Carolina and surrounding counties.
- No loans.
- No grants to individuals.
Applicant organization must be able to supply a copy of its latest IRS tax determination letter evidencing eligibility for private foundation support.
- Potential applicants should contact the Foundation Program Officer by email or phone prior to submitting proposal.
- Once approved for application, the written proposal should be submitted online via the application online form and should include a Letter of Request signed by the agency head, CEO or director.
- All applicants must submit a plan to sustain the project on a continuing basis after any funding is approved.
- Proposals are due by March 1, September 1 and November 1 to be considered at the quarterly trustee meetings held the third week of April, October, and December.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online Application Form: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_2150/?SA=SNA&FID=35000
Letters of inquiry or requests for information may be emailed or mailed to Mamie W. Nicholson, Foundation Program Officer:
The Self Family Foundation
120 Main Street
Greenwood SC 29646
Phone: (864) 953-2441
USA: South Carolina: Greenwood and its surrounding counties