Foundation / Corporation
Captain Planet Foundation (CPF)
Grants ranging from $500 to $2,500 to USA nonprofit organizations and schools for youth-oriented projects that promote environmental stewardship. Funding is intended to support solution-oriented, youth-led projects that result in real environmental outcomes. The goals of these grants are to:
- Empower youth by providing hands-on environmental stewardship opportunities
- Inspire youth and communities to become agents of change for their environment
- Serve as a catalyst for education that uses the environment as a context for applied and STEM learning
Monetary support from CPF may be used for direct expenses associated with proposed projects.
- Be based in the U.S.
- Be solution-oriented
- Be project-based
- Be youth-led
- Result in demonstrable environmental outcomes
GrantWatch ID#: 178257
$500 – $2,500
Multi-year projects are not supported.
Applicant organizations eligible for monetary support through the Foundation must:
- Be exempt from federal taxation under the IRS Section 501 (includes most schools and nonprofit organizations), or have a fiscal sponsor that meets this criterion.
- Maintain an annual operating budget of less than $3 million
Note to interested organizations based outside of the US: CPF’s support of international work takes place with strategic partnerships with other major organizations. See International Partnerships for a description of projects CPF is currently involved with outside of the US.
Funds may not be used for:
- Capital or building campaigns, purchase of real estate, or endowments
- General operating expenses
- Salary or contract services
- Beautification or landscaping projects
- Travel costs or field trips that are not an essential part of the proposed project (if included, identify the purpose of the field trip under “project activities”)
- Expensive equipment that can only be used once or by a few
- Promotional items such as t-shirts, flyers, postcards, etc.
Application Period: July 16th - Jan 15th
Final Report Due: April the following year
Application Period: Jan 16th - July 15th
Notification: Late Sept
Final Report Due: Oct the following year
All Captain Planet Foundation grant applications are administered through the CPF Grant Portal. You’ll need to create an account to submit an application. Be sure to review all requirements and the full application before submitting.
Preference is given to requests that have secured match or in-kind funding commitments to support projects.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to apply online: https://captainplanetgrants.communityforce.com/Login.aspx?7861726F417A39587757633D
Captain Planet Foundation, Inc.
133 Luckie Street, 2nd Floor
Atlanta, GA 30303
For questions about this application, please contact Kathy Lively at email@example.com.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming