Foundation / Corporation
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations for a wide range of social change initiatives. Funding must identify with one of the following focus areas: advancement of philanthropy and volunteerism, education, entrepreneurship, advocacy and debate, advancement of women and girls, prevention of child abuse, and crisis management and rebuilding.
Focus area details and strategies:
1. Advancement of Philanthropy and Volunteering: Grants focus efforts on strengthening diaspora communities and helping young people cultivate the lifelong habit of giving— areas that instill a philanthropic ethic for future generations.
2. Education: Grants that invest in forward-thinking programs that celebrate and deliver individual learning and leadership opportunities. In addition, the Foundation sponsors individuals of Persian heritage in their pursuit of higher learning in the fields of economic policy.
3. Entrepreneurship: Grants for organizations that cultivate entrepreneurial thinking, problem- solving, and opportunity globally.
4. Debate and Advocacy: Grants to enable the exploration and development of social policy that is focused on creating better outcomes in social progress, by investing in organizations that fuel conversation, policy-making, and social action with the most progressive and provocative thinkers. The Foundation enables the exploration and development of social policy that is focused on creating better outcomes, by investing in organizations that fuel conversation, policy-making, and social action.
5. Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse: Grants for organizations that are focused on preventing abuse through institutional programs and media that provide tools for identifying potential threats and acting accordingly.
6. Advancement of Women and Girls: Grants for organizations that provide mentorship and create opportunities for girls and women who need encouragement for the path they're on, or support to change course.
7. Crisis Management and Rebuilding: Grants for organizations that focus on the health and healing of communities in transition after tragedy strikes - natural disasters, health epidemics, political unrest - so that life in these areas can return to a productive, peaceful, and promising future.
GrantWatch ID#: 178268
The HAND Foundation supports 501(c)(3) public charities that are aligned with its core strategies and mission areas. The majority of grants are made to organizations with which the Foundation has a deep relationship and extensive engagement.
HAND Foundation does not fund political and politically charged initiatives, including attempts to influence legislation, start-ups at the idea stage, travel expenses unrelated to specific grants, and individuals.
Potential grantees may make inquiries by submitting a Letter of Inquiry as described below. The HAND Foundation and its board members are unable to consider inquiries outside of this process including inquiries received through email, text, or Facebook messaging.
Letter of Inquiry (LOI):
All applicants must demonstrate that their program or proposal is aligned with HAND Foundation's core strategies and mission areas by submitting a Letter of Inquiry (LOI). Click on the link in the Supporting Documents section below to download the LOI instructions.
The Foundation will only consider inquiries that comply with the LOI instructions. Applicants may be requested to submit additional documentation and/or conduct a phone interview. Applicants will be notified if a full proposal is requested.
The Foundation reviews submissions quarterly on January 15, April 15, July 15, and October 15. Generally, applicants will be notified of HAND Foundation's decision within 60 days of the submission deadline.
Focus Areas: http://www.thehandfoundation.org/#focusoverview
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email the LOI and all required attachments to email@example.com.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming