Nevada Arts Council (NAC)
Fellowships of $5,000 to Nevada individual professional artists to recognize exceptional artistic achievements. This year, applications are accepted from artists involved in visual arts, and folk and traditional arts, including performing arts and material culture. Funding is intended to promote public awareness and appreciation of the role of the artist in Nevada.
In FY20, applications for the Artist Fellowships Grant are accepted in the following categories:
- Visual arts: includes crafts, drawing, mixed media, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture, installation, performance art, new technologies, or media arts.
Folk and Traditional Arts: Created and preserved within communities defined by cultural connections, such as a common ethnic heritage, language, religion, occupation, or geographic area.
- Material Culture: includes traditional hand-crafted objects, decorative arts, ceremonial costume.
- Performing Arts: includes music, dance, ritual/celebration, and verbal arts.
Folk and Traditional Arts Fellowship applications are reviewed separately and do not compete with Contemporary Arts Fellowship applications.
GrantWatch ID#: 178277
Grant amount: $5,000
- Must be a current Nevada resident and have been in residence for at least one year prior to the date of the grant application
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have legal resident status
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must not be enrolled as degree-seeking student
- Individual artists must be actively practicing in the discipline reflected in their resume/biography and have an ongoing commitment to their art form.
- Artists working in collaboration or in groups must apply as individuals.
The following costs are not allowable:
- Any portion of projects that duplicate costs in grants pending with, or received directly from, the NEA
- Any portion of the same project in multiple grant applications in which duplicate costs are projected during any fiscal year
- Any portion of completed projects
- Capital expenditures for land or general purpose equipment with a cost over $2,500
- Costs related to filing for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status with the Internal Revenue Service
- Cash prizes
- Competition awards
- Fines, penalties, or debit collection costs
- Travel outside Canada, Mexico, the U.S. and its territories and possessions
- Fundraising efforts or the money spent to raise additional funds
- Hospitality or entertainment expenses
- Journalism, historical, or academic documentary film, and electronic arts that do not demonstrate significant artistic emphasis, consideration, and distinction
- Legal fees or litigation costs
- Lobbying expenses
- Preparation for, or travel to, competitions
- Projects with implicit religion content that may be perceived as advancing a religious purpose
- Publication subvention
- Renovation, remodeling, restoration, or new construction
- Reserve funds
- Salaries and overhead of government agencies, public institutions, and public and private schools, colleges, and universities
- Student scholarships for academic credit or awards for student work.
Deadlines by Discipline
- FY 2020: Deadline April 18, 2019
- Contemporary Arts ( Visual Arts) and Folk and Traditional Arts (Material Culture and Performing Arts)
-FY 2021: Deadline April 16, 2020
- Contemporary Arts (Literary Arts and Performing Arts) and Folk and Traditional Arts (Material Culture and Performing Arts).
Artists Fellowship grantees may receive the Professional Development Grant and up to two Arts Learning Express Grants (if eligible) in the same fiscal year, but are ineligible for other NAC grants.
Grantees may request 90% of the award right away. In order to receive the final 10% of funds, grantees must complete a public outreach activity that is relevant to their artistic discipline.
No match is required.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For technical questions regarding your online account including username/password issues contact:
Submittable Technical Support
Phone: (855) 467-8264, ext. 2
For questions regarding Nevada Arts Council grants and applications contact:
Nevada Arts Council – Grant Management Team
Phone: (775) 687-7104
Fran Morrow, Contemporary Arts
Pat Atkinson, Folk and Traditional Arts
Rebecca Snetselaar, Folk and Traditional Arts
Nevada Arts Council
716 N. Carson St., Ste A
Carson City, NV 89701