Foundation / Corporation
Historic Reno Preservation Society (HRPS)
03/31/18 Received or Postmarked by Date
Grants of up to $5,000 to Reno, Nevada property owners to rehabilitate historical structures in a way that is still consistent with their original architectural styles. Priority will be given to projects that complement and enhance original historical neighborhood character and the original architectural style of the structure.
Please note the following funding guidelines:
- Structures must be located within Reno city limits, be at least 50 years old, or of historical and/or architectural significance. Applicants must be Nevada residents.
- Grants will be given for exterior improvements only (e.g., front door, front windows, porch details, etc.). Grants are not intended for landscaping projects. Exceptions may be made, on a case by case judgment by the awarding jury, if the landscaping improvement is heirloom and appropriate to the original time frame of the building or has a direct impact on the preservation of the structure.
- Improvements must be authentic to the style of the structure. For example, a new door or window for a Craftsman Bungalow needs to be of Craftsman Bungalow style. Vinyl products are not historically authentic. The NPF grant will not fund vinyl windows. Purchase of or repair of historically appropriate wood or metal framed windows will be funded.
- All proposals, estimates, and projects must be completed by a licensed contractor.
GrantWatch ID#: 178278
Typical grants are under $5,000.
Work must be completed within 90 days of approval of application, unless otherwise indicated by the awarding jury. If repairs will take longer than 90 days, the applicant should specify the needed time extension in the application.
Applicants must be Nevada residents.
Structures must be located within Reno city limits, be at least 50 years old, or of historical and/or architectural significance.
The NPF grant will not fund vinyl windows. Repair and purchase of wood and metal framed windows can be funded, if historically appropriate.
Grant requests for commercial projects must have in place all completed city and county permits, zoning, deeds, and property line adjustments.
- January 1, 2018: Begin accepting NPF applications
- March 31, 2018: Deadline for application
- April, 3rd through 4th week: Awarding jury to meet and decide recipients
- May, 1st week: Awarding jury recommendations go to Historic Reno Preservation Society board for review
- May, 2nd week: Grant winners notified
Grant monies must be matched by funds on a 1:1 ratio by the property owner. Exceptions may be made by the judgment of the awarding jury.
Grant timeline: http://www.historicreno.org/index.php/programs/neighborhood-preservation-fund/2018-grant-timeline
Grant guidelines: http://www.historicreno.org/index.php/programs/neighborhood-preservation-fund/2018-npf-grant-guidelines
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit applications to:
P.O. Box 14003
Reno, NV 89507
If you need assistance filling out the application form, please call 775-747-4478 and leave a message.
USA: Nevada: City of Reno