Foundation / Corporation
Beaumont Foundation of America
02/01/19 5:00 PM
Awards of $10,000 to Southeast Texas full-time teachers to recognize outstanding contributions to education in Jefferson, Hardin, Orange, Jasper, Tyler, and Newton counties. The purpose of this awards program is to recognize and celebrate the exemplary contributions of teachers whose dedication and leadership inspires a spirit of learning in students of all backgrounds and abilities.
Reaud Excellence in Education candidates should exemplify the highest standards and practices of the teaching profession. These qualities include but are not limited to:
- Dedication, knowledge, and skill.
- The expertise to inspire students of all backgrounds and abilities;
- A demonstrated distinguished classroom practice;
- Professionalism and collegiality;
- High standards for themselves and their students;
- The ability to create a classroom environment conducive to learning;
- Commitment to students and their learning;
- The respect and admiration of students, parents, and colleagues;
- Contribution to the wider school community
GrantWatch ID#: 178296
Fifteen teachers are selected annually. The Education Service Center 5 (ESC5) School Districts were divided into five geographic regions. An elementary, middle and high school teacher will be selected from each region.
Each Award Recipient will receive a crystal obelisk, a portrait and $10,000.
Reaud Excellence in Education candidates must:
- Have completed five years teaching experience.
- Be a full-time classroom teacher at a public or non-public school in Jefferson, Orange, Hardin, Tyler, Jasper, or Newton counties whose responsibility is the direct instruction of students.
Application and award timeline:
- November 9, 2018: Nomination/Application Packet available to download on website
- February 1, 2019: Completed Nomination/Application Packet Due to Beaumont Foundation by 5:00 PM
- March 15, 2019: Wayne A. Reaud Excellence in Education Award Winners Announced on Website and Media
- May 7, 2019: Awards Gala Honoring the Wayne A. Reaud Excellence in Education Award Winners
- Schools or individuals are invited to nominate teachers; however, a teacher may not self-nominate. Previous winners are not eligible for nomination. All nominations must use the approved nomination form.
- All nominees must complete an application packet if they are interested in participating.
- Each participating school will select a 5-person nominating committee to receive campus nominations. Only students and teachers will serve on the nominating committee at each campus. Committee membership at Middle and High School campuses must have two teachers and three students. All elementary campuses must have student representation. The student(s) may be former student(s) from the elementary campus, but must be a current student(s) in the district.
- Each school’s nominating committee can select a campus nominee for the Wayne A. Reaud Excellence in Education award and submit required materials to the Foundation per the Campus Checklist. Schools that have more than 50 teachers may submit two nominations and schools that have more than 100 teachers may submit three nominations.
- Campus nominees will be submitted to the Foundation for final selection of the Wayne A. Reaud Elementary, Middle and High School Excellence in Education Award Winners.
Application process information: http://www.bmtfoundation.com/excellence-in-education-award-process-2/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To Apply, send all items found on the checklist to:
Carol S. Eddins, Director of Grants
The Beaumont Foundation
470 Orleans, 1st Floor
Beaumont, Texas 77701
USA: Texas: Jefferson, Orange, Hardin, Tyler, Jasper, and Newton counties