Foundation / Corporation
Kettering Family Philanthropies (KFP) - Kettering Family Foundation (KFF) - The Kettering Fund
Grants to Ohio nonprofit organizations, government units, and religious organizations for a range of community benefit activities. A request summary is due by July 31, 2018. Funding is intended for activities that fall within the following categories: education, environment, health and medical needs, human services, public and society benefit, and arts, culture, and humanities.
The mission of The Kettering Fund is to support scientific, medical, social and educational studies and research carried on within the State of Ohio.
GrantWatch ID#: 178309
Requests for multi-year grants will not be accepted.
Organizations that are not units of government or affiliated with a religious organization must have a current 501(c)(3) determination letter from the IRS. Fiscal sponsorships will be accepted, but only under special circumstances.
A Request Summary will not be accepted for any of the following purposes:
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Individual public elementary or secondary schools or public school districts
- Multi-year grants
- Grants or loans to individuals
- Tickets, advertising or sponsorships of fundraising events
- Efforts to carry on propaganda or otherwise attempt to influence legislation
- Activities of 509(a)(3) Type III Supporting Organization
It is strongly recommended to contact the Foundation’s office to discuss your proposed program before you start the application process.
Request Summaries for The Kettering Fund's next grant cycle will be accepted from June 4, 2018 until July 31, 2018.
If your organization is invited to submit a Full Proposal, the deadline will be September 15, 2018.
KFP uses a two-step application review process that operates on a biannual cycle, December – May and June – November. The appropriate KFP Committee (Committee) first reviews a Request Summary. If interested, the Committee will invite the applicant to submit a Full Proposal.
- Submit the Request Summary by the due date, either January 31 or July 31. If these dates fall on a weekend or holiday, the information is due the next business day. You will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of your submission. You will be advised by e-mail of the outcome of the Committee’s review in approximately three weeks.
- If you have received an e-mail inviting you to submit a Full Proposal, access your Account to complete the process. Full Proposals are due March 15 or September 15. If these dates fall on a weekend or holiday, the information is due the next business day. You will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of your submission. You will be contacted if additional information is needed. A site visit may be requested.
- Notice of approval or denial will be communicated to you within 10 days of the Committee’s meeting.
Generally, grants are paid within 45 days of the Committee’s meeting.
- Faxed, mailed, or hand-delivered Request Summaries and Full Proposals will not be accepted, unless KFP has agreed to an exception.
Please read these Helpful Hints before you begin to fill out the application form:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Before applying, contact Fund staff via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the KFP offices at 937-228-1021 (KFP is in the Eastern time zone).
Click here to register and submit a Request Summary: https://www.cfketteringfamilies.com/user/register