Foundation / Corporation
Grants of up to $30,000 to Wilmington, North Carolina nonprofits for capital projects to create or renovate facilities serving New Hanover, Pender, and/or Brunswick Counties. Funding is intended to support organizations that serve the Greater Wilmington area through programs in arts, health and welfare, and/or education.
Capital Grants are intended to improve, expand, repair or construct facilities or purchase major equipment that supports the organization’s charitable activities.
GrantWatch ID#: 178317
The maximum amount available for a Capital Grant shall be $30,000.
You must be a non-profit tax exempt organization as defined by section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code and must include a copy of your IRS Tax Exemption letter.
Your organization is not eligible for a grant if:
- The beneficiaries of your project are not people within New Hanover, Pender and/or Brunswick counties.
- It operates as a private non-operating foundation.
- The application is for direct aid to individuals.
- The grant is primarily for operating expenses, such as administrative costs, general overhead, advertising or signage, principal and interest payments on debt.
- The grant is for costs of capital items already acquired or the purchase of real property.
- The grant is for a start-up organization (the date of your IRS determination letter must be two years before the date of submission of this application)
- It is engaged in any way in the promotion or advancement of political or religious beliefs.
- It will transfer any portion of a Landfall Foundation Grant Award to any other organization
- It is a local branch of a national organization with internal fundraising staff.
- It discriminates on the basis of age, disability, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, race or religion.
- The grant application is for research, feasibility studies or engineering and planning.
- It received a program grant award in the previous year and has not submitted a final or preliminary report by May 18, 2016.
- It received a capital grant award in the previous year.
The deadline for Capital Grant applications is January 15, 2019.
Mail the application and other documents by US Postal Mail only.
Applicants not selected for final review will be notified promptly (no later than February 15) to allow the applicant to submit a regular Foundation Grant Request.
If selected for final review, the applicant may be notified to present to the subcommittee (not to exceed 30 minutes) followed by a site visit (if deemed appropriate).
No later than April 15th the Chair of the Subcommittee will inform the applicant of the outcome of this vote which is final.
An organization may choose to apply for either a Capital Grant or a Program Grant; however, if application is submitted for a Capital Grant, a Program Grant application may not be submitted until after applicant has received notification of the decline of its Capital Grant application.
The Foundation accepts one grant application from an organization.
About the Foundation:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mail applications to:
The Landfall Foundation
Capital Grants Committee
1924 Pembroke Jones Drive
Wilmington, NC 28405
Tom Thompson, Grants Committee Co-Chair
USA: North Carolina: New Hanover, Pender, and Brunswick Counties of the Greater Wilmington area.