Foundation / Corporation
Wayne County Community Foundation (WCCF) - Wayne County Community Youth Foundation (YF)
02/01/19 12:00 PM Noon
Grants generally ranging from $1,200 to $2,000 to greater Wayne County area, Ohio nonprofits, educational institutions, and government agencies for programs and capital projects that benefit local youth. Focus areas include health, wellness, human services, arts, culture, humanities, conservation, environment, education, and civic and community affairs.
The Foundation will consider the following when reviewing applications:
- The project is a well-planned approach to solving a problem and delivering services.
- The use of funds will be innovative and efficient.
- Foundation support is vital or catalytic to the success of the project.
- The proposed project is expected to continue and expand after the grant ends.
- Expenses will be reduced by sharing resources with other agencies or groups.
- Due to the nature and size of grants available for youth funding, most YF grants will most probably be to support new initiatives or operating expenses.
GrantWatch ID#: 178390
Awarded grants are generally in the range of $1,200 to $2,000 each.
Grants are intended for projects requiring funding after May 15 of each year.
Grants are limited to activities and organizations benefiting the greater Wayne County, Ohio area. More specifically, grants from the YF Fund shall be limited to only organizations that benefit youth activities within the greater Wayne County, Ohio area.
The Foundation makes grants only to organizations that are recognized by the Internal Revenue Code as nonprofit, tax-exempt, charitable organizations, educational institutions, or to qualified governmental agencies.
If you are seeking a grant for a group or agency that is not a 501(c)3 tax-exempt, charitable organization, educational institution, or qualified governmental agency (ie. booster club, youth group, parent/teacher organization), your group must be affiliated with one of these types of primary organizations to be eligible to apply. When completing the online application, the organization contact information and EIN/Tax ID number applies to the primary organization. Awarded grants will be given to the primary organization for the benefit of your affiliated group.
The Foundation normally does not approve grants from the Youth Foundation Fund to support:
- Deficit financing;
- Endowment funds;
- Annual appeals or membership contributions;
- Conferences, field trips, travel or recognition events.
- Religious organizations for religious purposes. Support is given to these organizations for non-religious programs, like hunger centers or job training or childcare.
- The Youth Foundation may not award any grants for scholarships from the YF Fund.
- Propaganda or otherwise attempt to influence legislation, participate in or intervene in any political campaign on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for public office, or to conduct, directly or indirectly, any voter registration drive (within the meaning of Section 4945(d)(2) of the Internal Revenue Code).
The grant application deadline is February 1 (by noon), for a decision by May.
Once you submit your completed application, a confirmation email will be sent to you.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Wayne County Community Foundation
517 North Market Street
Wooster, OH 44691
USA: Ohio: Greater Wayne County Area