Foundation / Corporation
United Way of Windham County (UWWC)
Grants of up to $2,500 and grants of up to $10,000 to Windham County, Vermont nonprofits for programs that focus on health, education, financial stability, and basic needs (food and shelter). Applicants must attend attendance by organizations interested in applying for a grant for the first time is required, suggested for all others. Organizations that demonstrate their collaborative approach will be given special consideration.
Programs related to the two Basic Needs outcomes may apply for up to $2,500 per program:
1. All people have to an adequate supply of nutritious food
2. All people have access to shelter.
Programs related to the other 12 target outcomes may apply for up to $10,000 per program. Organizations may only apply for 3 programs maximum.
HEALTH - Improving people’s health and well being
- All people receive preventative and ongoing dental health care.
- All people receive preventive and ongoing health care across the lifespan.
- All people have access to mental health and substance abuse services.
Safe, Supportive Living Environments:
- All people live in an environment that promotes healthy growth and development.
- All people live in a violence-free environment.
- Elders and people with special needs have the support to live safely in the setting of their choice.
PROSPERITY - Promoting financial stability and independence
- All people have access to an adequate supply of nutritious food and access to shelter.
- All people have access to shelter
- All people who want to work have the skills and resources they need to seek, gain and maintain employment.
- All people have safe, sustainable housing.
- All people have the transportation they need to get to work and to meet their basic needs.
EDUCATION - Helping adults, children, and youth to achieve their potential
- All children are nurtured by caregivers who promote early learning and development.
- All children succeed in school.
- All people have access to education that prepares them for success in life.
GrantWatch ID#: 178406
Basic Needs programs - Up to $2,500
Health, Prosperity, and Education - Up to $10,000
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Stephanie Gale Maynard, Director of Development and Community Investment
USA: Vermont: Windham County