Foundation / Corporation
United Way of Windham County (UWWC)
Grants of up to $2,500 and grants of up to $10,000 to Windham County, Vermont nonprofits for programs that focus on health, education, financial stability, and basic needs (food and shelter). Applicants must attend attendance by organizations interested in applying for a grant for the first time is required, suggested for all others. Organizations that demonstrate their collaborative approach will be given special consideration.
Programs related to the two Basic Needs outcomes may apply for up to $2,500 per program:
1. All people have to an adequate supply of nutritious food
2. All people have access to shelter.
Programs related to the other 12 target outcomes may apply for up to $10,000 per program. Organizations may only apply for 3 programs maximum.
HEALTH - Improving people’s health and well being
- All people receive preventative and ongoing dental health care.
- All people receive preventive and ongoing health care across the lifespan.
- All people have access to mental health and substance abuse services.
Safe, Supportive Living Environments:
- All people live in an environment that promotes healthy growth and development.
- All people live in a violence-free environment.
- Elders and people with special needs have the support to live safely in the setting of their choice.
PROSPERITY - Promoting financial stability and independence
- All people have access to an adequate supply of nutritious food and access to shelter.
- All people have access to shelter
- All people who want to work have the skills and resources they need to seek, gain and maintain employment.
- All people have safe, sustainable housing.
- All people have the transportation they need to get to work and to meet their basic needs.
EDUCATION - Helping adults, children, and youth to achieve their potential
- All children are nurtured by caregivers who promote early learning and development.
- All children succeed in school.
- All people have access to education that prepares them for success in life.
GrantWatch ID#: 178406
Basic Needs programs - Up to $2,500
Health, Prosperity, and Education - Up to $10,000
Applicants must answer the following eligibility questions. If your answer(s) to these questions are no or you have any questions about whether or not your organization is eligible for a United Way of Windham County community grant, please contact Sue Graff, Community Investments Director (see Contact Information below).
- Is your organization a designated 501(c)(3) from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?
- Has your nonprofit organization had its 501(c)(3) designation for at least three (3) years?
- Does your organization serve residents of Windham County, Vermont?
- Has your nonprofit organization submitted its IRS 990 Form in the last year?
- Does your organization have programs related to at least one of the United Way of Windham County’s established target outcomes for Education, Income, or Health?
- If funded, is your organization willing/able to comply with the United Way of Windham County Partner Organization Agreement?
If funded, is your organization willing/able to comply with the United Way of Windham
County Partner Fund-Raising Policy?
FY20 Community Impact grant seeker training: February 20, 2019.
- Attendance by organizations interested in applying for a grant for the first time is required, suggested for all others.
- Late-January 2019: FY20 Community Impact Grant application open
- February 20, 2019: FY20 Community Impact grant seeker training; attendance by organizations interested in applying for a grant for the first time is required, suggested for all others.
- March 14, 2019: FY20 application due (submitted online by midnight)
- June 26, 2019: UWWC Board approval of FY20 grants
- July 2019: Notification letters mailed to all FY20 applicants
The Community Impact Grant application opens in late January each year. Go to unitedwaywindham.org – Funding-Community Impact/Community Grants Application.
Only application submitted online will be accepted.
Focus Area Details
- Health: https://www.unitedwaywindham.org/income-0
- Prosperity: https://www.unitedwaywindham.org/prosperity
- Education: https://www.unitedwaywindham.org/education-1
Previously Funded Programs:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Stephanie Gale Maynard, Director of Development and Community Investment
USA: Vermont: Windham County