Foundation / Corporation
Massage Therapy Foundation (MTF)
03/01/18 Midnight CST
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $30,000 to USA, Canada, and International researchers affiliated with universities and other research organizations for research on massage therapy. Proposals are invited for high-quality, independent research with the potential to contribute to basic knowledge of massage therapy or its application, including applied research which investigates massage therapy as a health/mental health treatment and/or prevention modality.
Applications shall be judged on the following criteria:
1. The significance of the area of research study, and the perceived need for the research;
2. The extent to which the project’s goals, objectives and procedures are clear, specific, attainable, and likely to be achieved within the proposed time span.
3. Specific attention will be given to the appropriateness of the proposed methodological design and statistical analyses where applicable;
4. The extent to which the project is an integral part of either ongoing research, or the basis of a new area of investigation which should be demonstrated through a review of current literature;
5. The professional qualifications of the Principal Investigator, and other key research/massage therapy personnel, including demonstrated research expertise and publication record as appropriate;
6. The availability of the Principal Investigator, supporting personnel and facilities required for the successful completion of the proposed project;
7. The professional reputation and research record of the Sponsoring Organization;
8. The clarity and appropriateness of the budget. (Partnership with other granting sources is acceptable and encouraged for large scale projects.)
Eligible expenses include: salaries, wages, and/or additional benefits for hourly stipend for those hired to participate in the research project; allowances for the Principal Investigator and collaborators to cover release time from other activities; a stipend for data collection including library and/or archival research; costs involved in the dissemination of the research; travel and subsistence. Maintenance costs of equipment used in the course of the project, relevant supplies, and special equipment specific to the research proposal may be considered.
Travel and subsistence requests must be based on local rates of accommodation.
GrantWatch ID#: 178430
The value of the Research Grants will be between $1,000 and $30,000.
Grants will normally be awarded for a 12-month period.
Projects of more than 12 months duration must be presented in full with total multi-year budget in this proposal. If funds are awarded for the first 12 months, continuation of funding can be requested in the next annual funding cycle.
Research Grants are available to investigators who:
1. Have experience in the relevant field of research;
2. Are presently associated with or have secured the cooperation of a university, independent research organization, health center, or other institution qualified and willing to function as a sponsoring organization for the purpose of this project (“Sponsoring Organization”). A Sponsoring Organization must have sufficient facilities as well as human and informational resources available to support the proposed research project, as determined by the Massage Therapy Foundation at its sole discretion;
3. Newer investigators without prior research experience must document support from an experienced investigator willing to act as a collaborator. Collaborators should be actively involved in the development and execution of the proposed research project and should be identified as such in the staffing plan.
Research Grants are not awarded to individuals. Research Grants will not be awarded to Sponsoring Organizations which employ or otherwise have an ownership or contractual relationship with officers or trustees of the Massage Therapy Foundation, members of the Research Proposal Review Committee (“Review Committee”) or any spouses, domestic partners, children, descendant, spouses of descendants or any other individual related to any officers or trustees of the Massage Therapy Foundation or to members of the Review Committee.
No equipment shall be purchased which was not approved in the initial Grant proposal.
The Massage Therapy Foundation owns any purchased equipment, and will determine its disposition after the termination of the research.
Items ineligible for Research Grant Funds include: overhead/indirect costs, rent, utilities; expenses of printing/binding of student thesis; purchase of standard equipment such as a typewriter or computer; massage table; proof reading; copyright payments; the production of camera ready proofs that are not essential to conduct the research unless previously specified in the Grant Proposal; cost incurred prior to the awarding of the Grant; contingency allowance(s); child care; entertainment and any other unnecessary expenses.
The application must be submitted online by midnight CST on Thursday, March 1, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Christine Daskais, Foundation Program Manager
Gini Ohlson, Executive Director
Massage Therapy Foundation,
500 Davis St., Suite 950
Evanston, IL 60201-4668
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.