Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation Serving Greeley and Weld County (CFSGWC) - Littler Youth Fund
02/12/18 4:00 PM MST
Grants of up to $10,000 to Colorado nonprofits and government agencies for youth projects and programs for the benefit of youth in Weld County. Eligible programs are those that address ongoing or current community needs and that create a positive impact on area youth. Preference will be given to organizations that have a physical location in Weld County.
The Foundation looks for proposals from organizations with:
- A well-planned approach to meeting an identified community issue or need;
- An established base of support;
- Committed, skilled leadership and qualified staff to undertake the project;
- A project that has measurable outcomes; and
- Projects that address needs that are not met fully by existing organizational or community resources.
The Community Foundation gives priority to projects that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Provide for more efficient use of community resources, promote coordination, cooperation and sharing among organizations and reduce the duplication of services in our community;
- Test or demonstrate new approaches and techniques for solving important community problems;
- Promote volunteer participation and citizen involvement in community affairs;
- Build on local community strengths and assets; or
- Initiate efforts that will continue and grow in their effectiveness.
GrantWatch ID#: 178493
Grant awards typically do not exceed $10,000.
Multi-year commitments are rarely considered.
To be eligible for a grant, your organization must:
- Be recognized as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization (or equivalent such as a governmental entity), according to the Internal Revenue Code
- Have programs that benefit the youth of Weld County (defined as birth to 18 years old)
If an organization has received a grant from the Community Foundation Littler Youth Fund, they must submit a final grant report prior to the grant deadline before they are eligible to apply for a new grant.
The Community Foundation does not make grants from the Littler Youth Fund for:
- Annual campaigns, special event fundraisers or sponsorships, the purchase of tickets for benefits, courtesy advertising,
- Programs in which sectarian religious teachings are an integral part,
- Political and partisan purposes,
- Activities taking place before grant decisions are made,
- Capital requests (except for items such as equipment which significantly increase an organization’s capacity and impact),
- Endowment funds,
- Trips for schools or clubs,
- Deficit funding, debt retirement or funding to obligated commitments,
- Application for the same project less than one year apart,
- Requests for multi-year funding,
- Retroactive funding for projects that have been completed,
- After-prom parties,
- Scholarships or tuition assistance to private educational institutions, or
- For-profit organizations
2018 Spring Timeline
February 12, 2018- Applications due to the Foundation at 4:00 PM MST
February 22, 2018-Presentation made to the Littler Youth Fund Committee if requested
If an organization has submitted a Colorado Common Grant Application for the same program/project within the last 6 months, please contact the Community Foundation as you may be able to submit that in lieu of this application.
Grant eligibility and guidelines: https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/45535-Community-Fdn-GreeleyWeld
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://app.smarterselect.com/program/apply/45535?apply=true
The Community Foundation Serving Greeley and Weld County
2425 35th Avenue, Suite 201
Greeley, Colorado 80634
Phone: (970) 304-9970
Fax: (970) 352-1271
Rand E. Morgan, President and CEO
USA: Colorado: Weld County