Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation Serving Greeley and Weld County (CFSGWC) - Littler Youth Fund
03/01/19 4:00 PM MDT
Grants of up to $10,000 to Colorado nonprofit organizations for projects and programs that benefit the youth of Weld County. Eligible programs are those that address ongoing or current needs in the community and create a positive impact on area youth.
Projects and programs must:
- Have measurable outcomes;
- Address needs that are not met fully by existing organizational or community resources; and
- Benefit the youth of Weld County (defined as birth to 18 years old).
The Community Foundation Littler Youth Fund gives priority to projects that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Provide for more efficient use of community resources, promote coordination, cooperation and sharing among organizations and reduce the duplication of services in the community;
- Test or demonstrate new approaches and techniques for solving important community problems;
- Promote volunteer participation and citizen involvement in community affairs;
- Build on local community strengths and assets; or
- Initiate efforts that will continue and grow in their effectiveness.
GrantWatch ID#: 178493
Grant awards typically do not exceed $10,000.
Multi-year commitments are rarely considered.
The Community Foundation Littler Youth Fund considers grant requests from non-profit organizations for the benefit of youth programs/projects in Weld County.
The Foundation looks for proposals from organizations with:
- well-planned approach to meeting an identified community issue and/or need,
- an established base of support,
- committed, skilled leadership and qualified staff to undertake the project.
The Community Foundation does not make grants from the Littler Youth Fund for:
- Annual campaigns, special event fundraisers or sponsorships, the purchase of tickets for benefits, courtesy advertising,
- Programs in which sectarian religious teachings are an integral part,
- Political and partisan purposes,
- Activities taking place before grant decisions are made,
- Capital requests (except for items such as equipment which significantly increase an organization’s capacity and impact),
- Endowment funds,
- Trips for schools or clubs,
- Deficit funding, debt retirement or funding to obligated commitments,
- Application for the same project less than one year apart,
- Requests for multi-year funding,
- Retroactive funding for projects that have been completed,
- After-prom parties,
- Scholarships or tuition assistance to private educational institutions, or
- For-profit organizations
2019 Spring Timeline:
- March 1, 2019, 4:00 PM: Applications due to the Foundation
- March 21, 2019: Presentation made to the Littler Youth Fund Committee if requested.
If an organization has submitted a Colorado Common Grant Application for the same program/project within the last 6 months, please contact the Community Foundation, as you may be able to submit that in lieu of this application. Also, if requested, applicants may be asked to present to the Littler Youth Fund Committee.
Only one application per organization may be submitted for consideration so that the Foundation can help as many organizations as possible. The Foundation has instituted a “two-year rule” requiring that an organization that receives funding for two successive years must take one year off before reapplying.
Application Process: https://www.cfsgwc.org/new-application-process-how-it-works
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal:
The Community Foundation Serving Greeley and Weld County
2425 35th Avenue, Suite 201
Greeley, Colorado 80634
Phone: (970) 304-9970
Fax: (970) 352-1271
USA: Colorado: Weld County