Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation Serving Greeley and Weld County (CFSGWC) - Littler Youth Fund
09/14/18 4:00 PM MDT
Grants of up to $10,000 to Colorado nonprofit organizations for projects and programs that benefit the youth of Weld County. Eligible programs are those that address ongoing or current needs in the community and create a positive impact on area youth.
Projects and programs must:
- Have measurable outcomes;
- Address needs that are not met fully by existing organizational or community resources; and
- Benefit the youth of Weld County (defined as birth to 18 years old).
In advancing the quality of life for County youth, the Community Foundation Littler Youth Fund gives priority to projects that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Provide for more efficient use of community resources, promote coordination, cooperation and sharing among organizations and reduce the duplication of services in the community;
- Test or demonstrate new approaches and techniques for solving important community problems;
- Promote volunteer participation and citizen involvement in community affairs;
- Build on local community strengths and assets; or
- Initiate efforts that will continue and grow in their effectiveness.
GrantWatch ID#: 178493
Grant awards typically do not exceed $10,000.
Multi-year commitments are rarely considered.
To be eligible for a grant, an applicant organization must be a qualified nonprofit organization.
Preference will be given to organizations that have a physical location in Weld County.
The Foundation looks for proposals from organizations with:
- Well-planned approach to meeting an identified community issue and/or need
- An established base of support
- Committed, skilled leadership and qualified staff to undertake the project
The Community Foundation does not make grants from the Littler Youth Fund for:
- Annual campaigns, special event fundraisers or sponsorships, the purchase of tickets for benefits, courtesy advertising,
- Programs in which sectarian religious teachings are an integral part,
- Political and partisan purposes,
- Activities taking place before grant decisions are made,
- Capital requests (except for items such as equipment which significantly increase an organization’s capacity and impact),
- Endowment funds,
- Trips for schools or clubs,
- Deficit funding, debt retirement or funding to obligated commitments,
- Application for the same project less than one year apart,
- Requests for multi-year funding,
- Retroactive funding for projects that have been completed,
- After-prom parties,
- Scholarships or tuition assistance to private educational institutions, or
- For-profit organizations
2018 Fall Timeline:
September 14, 2018 - Deadline for Applications at 4:00 PM MDT
September 27, 2018 - Presentation made to the Littler Youth Fund Committee if requested
Organizations that have submitted a Colorado Common Grant Application for the same program/project within the last 6 months should contact the Community Foundation as they may be able to submit that in lieu of this application. Also, if requested, applicants may be asked to present to the Littler Youth Fund Committee.
For Eligibility and Application Information: https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/43478-Community-Fdn-GreeleyWeld
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal:
The Community Foundation Serving Greeley and Weld County
2425 35th Avenue, Suite 201
Greeley, Colorado 80634
Phone: (970) 304-9970
Fax: (970) 352-1271
Rand E. Morgan, President and CEO
Lauren Weber, Program Officer
USA: Colorado: Weld County