City of Beaverton - Beaverton Arts Program
03/16/18 11:59 PM
Grants of $1,000 and grants of $2,000 to Beaverton, Oregon nonprofit written, visual, and performing arts organizations, schools, and individual artists for specific arts events, activities, and performances. Funds are intended to significantly impact the quality of life in Beaverton by presenting artistic and cultural events and programs that celebrate community values and help connect residents to their artistic and cultural heritage.
Applications to this grant program should address one or more of these five goals:
- Bring people together by providing opportunities for all people to experience and explore art.
- Create ways for people to celebrate cultural diversity through art.
- Help local artists to have a voice and to thrive artistically.
- Spur the development and stewardship of art.
- Educate the community on the intrinsic and economic value of art.
Applications must clearly demonstrate how the proposed performance, activity, event, or artistic expression will:
- Build awareness of the role and value of arts in the community and increase public participation; or
- Promote youth access to the arts, to enhance learning and development of art; or
- Support ways to celebrate art or cultural diversity through art; or
- Integrate the community with economic development through art.
Proposals to the Beaverton Arts Grant Program should be geared toward a specific performance, event, activity, or artistic expression of the artist or organization.
Examples of Beaverton Arts Grant Proposals include:
- Expenses for events and activities accessible to the public: performances, workshops, exhibits, open studio tours, and other activities which will clearly help enrich artistic participation within the city.
- General promotional material that focuses on one or more of the previously mentioned four goals. Applicants must demonstrate a clear distribution and/or marketing plan in proposals for promotional materials. (Promotional materials include the development of websites.)
- Create and implement an art education program.
- Performances or exhibits in Beaverton School District schools or within the city limits.
- Cross-cultural performance or exhibits and collaborations or support for diverse cultural events or activities.
Applications will be accepted to support capital expenditures such as the acquisition of public art, but may not be used for capital campaigns.
GrantWatch ID#: 178518
Two levels of funding are available: $1,000 and $2,000.
All funded activities must take place between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019.
Individual artists, arts and cultural groups, and Beaverton schools are eligible.
Level 1 Eligibility Criteria: Up to $1,000 Beaverton Arts Program Grant:
- Be a “nonprofit” arts or an educational institution, IRS 501(c)(3) status is not required. Individual artists may apply for grant funding. Applications from individuals who are not visual or performing artists will not be accepted.
- Be applying for an opportunity that specifically enhances Art Awareness and Participation, enhances Art Learning, supports existing Arts or Diverse Cultural Organizations, or encourages Arts and Economic Development (as described previously).
- Provide Beaverton Arts Program with an Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- Serve Beaverton residents. Note: Events or activities must take place within the Beaverton School District boundaries
- Applications by social service agencies, religious organizations, or private businesses will be accepted only if application is made in partnership with a nonprofit arts, diverse cultural organization, individual artist for a joint project, with the art or culture organization acting as the lead applicant.
- If an organization received a Beaverton Arts Program Grant for FY ’17-18, a final report for that grant must be submitted on time to be eligible for a grant for FY ’18-19. If the grant funded project has not yet been completed, please explain.
Level 2 Eligibility Criteria: Up to $2,000 Beaverton Arts Program Grant:
- Must meet the Level 1 criteria above.
- An organization must have IRS 501(c)(3) status or be a public school. (Upon request, a letter verifying status must be submitted).
Ineligible Expenditures or Applicants:
- Grants will not be awarded to an individual who is not a visual or performing artist or to a private business, religious organization, or social service agency not partnered with a not-for-profit arts, diverse cultural organization or individual artist.
- Grants will not be awarded to support a capital campaign or endowment.
- Purchases of equipment not critical to the organization’s mission will not be funded by Beaverton Arts Program grants.
- Projects not directly serving Beaverton residents will not receive Beaverton Arts Program grant funding.
- Grants will not be awarded to fund activities or events that take place outside the Beaverton School District boundaries.
- Grants will not be awarded for clothing (e.g. T-Shirts) unless they are created as part of a textile art project.
Applicants who receive a Beaverton diverse art offerings grant in this cycle will not be eligible for the community grant.
Friday, March 16, 2018, 11:59 pm. Applicants will be notified of their application status by Friday, May 18, 2018 by 5 p.m. Late or paper applications will not be accepted.
Recipients are requested to email or mail copies of printed materials, press releases or coverage related to the project or activity to Beaverton Arts Program for its files.
Beaverton Arts Program staff will preview draft applications if emailed by Monday, February 27, 2018 by 5 p.m.
If an applicant has not received official notification by May 18, 2018 by 5 p.m., contact Beaverton Arts Program staff.
Accessibility information: This information can be made available in alternative formats such as large print or audio tape. To request alternative formats, contact Kourtnee Buechner.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please email copies of printed materials t:o artsmail@BeavertonOregon.gov
Mail them to:
City of Beaverton
PO Box 4755
Beaverton, OR 97076
503-526-2376 - use 711 for relay service
USA: Oregon: Beaverton