Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW) - Salmon and Trout Advisory Committee (STAC)
11/03/17 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $2,000 to Oregon organizations for programs that will enhance and protect specific fish populations. Applicants should contact program staff before applying. Funding will be awarded to programs in the areas of education, habitat restoration, fish culture, and monitoring and evaluation. This grant is intended to enhance the salmon and trout populations.
The proposed project shall further the goals of STEP which are to:
- Provide the greatest possible opportunity for citizen participation in achieving the Department’s management
- Rehabilitate and enhance natural habitat for salmon and trout;
- Rehabilitate and enhance populations of salmon and trout; and
- Support and promote an education program to increase the public’s understanding of Oregon’s aquatic resources and the environment.
GrantWatch ID#: 178520
Up to $2,000
Organizations may apply.
Except in certain circumstances, the following expenses are not usually funded:
- Ongoing expenses
- Travel costs (e.g. mileage, fuel, vehicle rental)
- Staff time or administrative costs
Mini-Grant Deadlines: March 3, 2017, August 18, 2017, and November 3, 2017.
The first step is to contact your local STEP biologist and STAC member to discuss and refine your proposal.
Preference will be given to proposals with strong matching funds and that encourage the development of partnerships and use of volunteers
Applicants will be sent a letter 1-2 weeks following the STAC meeting.
Deadlines and meetings: http://www.dfw.state.or.us/fish/STEP/index.asp#Meeting
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Kevin Herkamp, STEP Program Coordinator
Phone: (503) 947-6232
Fax: (503) 947-6202
Debbi Farrell, R&E / STEP Program Assistant
Phone: (503) 947-6211
Fax: (503) 947-6202
4034 Fairview Industrial Drive SE
Salem, Oregon 97302