Foundation / Corporation
Branford Community Foundation (BCF)
03/15/18 - Competitive Grants; Sponsorship requests and Emerging Needs Grants are accepted on a rolling basis.
Grants to Branford, Connecticut nonprofit organizations and government agencies for programs and projects that address community needs and improve the quality of life for residents. Funding may also be requested for emergency needs and sponsorships. Applications should address a need within the focus area and demonstrate impact on the organization, project, community, or persons served.
The Branford Community Foundation looks to fund organizations and projects that strengthen and improve Branford in the following focus areas:
- Basic Needs (food, emergency financial assistance, fuel and heat support, shelter)
- Health (mental health services, senior services, social services, health education, substance abuse prevention)
- Education (literacy, job training, collegiate scholarships)
- Arts (music, dance, theatre, visual, community performances)
- Environment (public spaces and land, recycling, animal and wildlife support)
- Youth (access to summer camps, children in need, early childhood education)
- Civic engagement (historical preservation, volunteerism, community events and enhancements)
Applications should include some of the following elements:
- Address a documented need or concern of the focus area;
- Recognize and build on a community’s or organization’s strengths and assets;
- Build the capacity of community organizations and/or individuals to help themselves;
- Foster cooperative approaches to community issues through collaborations based on shared visions and mutual responsibility;
- Serve as a catalyst for attracting other resources, such as matching gifts; and
- Build infrastructure within the organization in order to meet its mission.
Emerging Needs Grants
The Branford Community Foundation understands that projects and emergencies arise that cannot be accommodated by an annual competitive grant cycle. The Branford Community Foundation will accept applications in this category on a rolling basis. Applications must fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Concept is innovative and/or new to the Branford community.
- Organization cannot operate or move forward on a major initiative without emergency funding (ex. Unexpected building repairs).
- Concept is created/need arises after March 15, 2018, and required completion timeline is prior to April 30th, 2019.
GrantWatch ID#: 178567
For Emerging needs grants, the concept must be created/need must arise after March 15, 2018, and required completion timeline is prior to April 30th, 2019.
Grants are awarded to 501(c)3 not-for-profit organizations and 170(c)(1) governmental agencies serving the Branford community.
Grant awards cannot be used retroactively to pay costs for programs or services that have occurred in the past.
BCF will not award grants to:
- Debt reduction
- Political organizations and campaigns
Potential applicants are encouraged to attend one of two identical information sessions, to be held at the Branford Fire Department Headquarters (45 N. Main Street) on Monday, January 22, 2018 at 2pm and Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 9am.
RSPV to Jennifer Mullett, Foundation Coordinator.
Organizations unable to attend either informational meeting are encouraged to contact Liza Janssen Petra by email or phone with questions about the grant guidelines or application process prior to submitting a grant.
The Branford Community Foundation will accept competitive grant applications between February 15, 2018 and March 15, 2018.
Grant award decisions will be announced the week of May 7, 2018.
Sponsorship requests should be addressed separately by email to Jennifer Mullett, Foundation Coordinator. Sponsorship requests are reviewed by the Board’s Development Committee on a rolling basis as funding permits.
Emerging Needs Grants are also accepted on a rolling basis.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Completed applications should be submitted by email to:
Liza Janssen Petra
Phone (203) 444-4898
Backup should be sent to:
PO Box 462
Branford, Connecticut 06405
Jennifer Mullett, Foundation Coordinator
Email: jmullett @ branfordcommunityfoundation.org
USA: Connecticut: Branford