Foundation / Corporation
Nesholm Family Foundation
Grants to Seattle, Washington nonprofit organizations for performing arts activities. The Foundation is specifically interested in projects that improve access and availability of the arts, support organizational and artistic development, and encourage the highest professional performance standards.
GrantWatch ID#: 178581
Please review the Annual Reports (link in Pre-Application Information) for an idea of the appropriate amount to request.
Grants are usually awarded for one year. Occasionally, the Foundation may invite renewal applications after evaluation of progress and review of plans for further work.
The Foundation only considers requests from organizations that benefit the citizens of the city of Seattle.
In very unique circumstances the Foundation occasionally grants in King County if there is no organization within the city that provides this kind of service.
Applications are considered only from organizations ruled to be tax-exempt under Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and that are not private foundations as defined in Section 509(a) of the Code, other than qualified private operating funds.
The Foundation will not consider applications for:
- Ongoing normal operations or operating deficits
- Debt retirement or endowment funds
- Loans of any kind
- Contributions to general fund drives, annual appeals, federated campaigns
- Scholarships and fellowships, or the benefit of specific individuals
- Basic science research
Also, the Foundation will not consider requests for grants to:
- Conduit organizations, i.e., tax-exempt organizations that pass funds on to organizations not tax-exempt in their own right
- Organizations that carry on propaganda or attempt to influence legislation or elections
- Institutions that in policy or practice unfairly discriminate against race, ethnic origin, sex, or creed
- Activities of sectarian or religious organizations that principally benefit their own members or adherents
You will receive a determination letter within 3 months of the Foundation meeting. During this period staff may also request additional information or a site visit. Please do not call the Foundation office about a possible decision as this kind of information is not given over the telephone.
Applications are due November 15, 2017 and proposals will be considered at a winter Board of Trustees meeting. Checks will be mailed by either January 31 or March 31, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.