Foundation / Corporation
Northfield Savings Bank (NSB)
Grants of up to $2,000 to Vermont nonprofits for programs that benefit local communities in the Central Vermont and Chittenden County area. Programs may fall in the areas of education, human services, housing, job development, programs for at-risk or low to moderate income individuals and families, performing arts and cultural activities, and environmental and preservation efforts.
Priority will be given to programs meeting the human service and housing needs of low to moderate-income individuals, and programs supporting job development.
The NSB Foundation conducts research to assess community need and to identify potential non-profit partners. In particular, the Foundation supports efforts focused around issues such as poverty relief, workforce development, the environment, aging in place, literacy, financial literacy, housing, homelessness, food, fuel, transportation, and more.
When considering a particular area of need or partnership, the Foundation is deliberate, focused, and thorough in its assessment to ensure significant results can be achieved given the amount of time and money to be invested.
GrantWatch ID#: 178583
Grants tend to be in the $500 to $1,500 range, with a handful ranging up to $2,000.
Multi-year capital facility or endowment campaigns are generally not supported.
The Foundation will:
- Contribute to charitable or nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)3 designation
- Contribute to Vermont-based nonprofit organizations serving the needs of and benefiting people living within its service area of Central Vermont and Chittenden County.
The Foundation will not contribute to individuals.
The Foundation generally will not contribute to:
- Multi-year capital facility or endowment campaigns
- National charities
- Municipalities or subdivisions thereof, such as school districts and recreation departments
- Private schools (pre-school, primary and secondary)
- Special interest groups such as political, labor, religious, fraternal, veterans lobbying organizations
- Multiple requests within the same calendar year
There is no public application process for the NSB Foundation; however, organizations may apply for a donation from Northfield Savings Bank using the Donations Application Kit.
Northfield Savings Bank will accept written requests only. Complete applications will be reviewed on a quarterly basis according to the schedule below.
October 1 - December 31
January 1 - March 31
April 1 - June 30
July 1 - September 30
Approval or Denial Letters Mailed to Applicants:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please return completed application to:
Mail: Northfield Savings Bank
PO Box 7180
Barre, VT 05641-7180
USA: Vermont: Central Vermont and Chittenden County