Foundation / Corporation
Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS)
01/05/18 4:00 PM
Award of $7,500 to a Maryland school principal in Montgomery County for outstanding service to students and teachers and for striving to create an exceptional educational environment. Nominees must encourage innovation and creativity, involve the community, and demonstrate leadership.
Nominees must be principals who:
- Manage effectively
- Demonstrate and encourage creativity and innovation
- Foster cooperation between the school and the community
- Maintain a continuing dialogue with students and parents as well as faculty and staff
- Keep abreast of developments in the field of education
- Encourage team spirit
- Demonstrate leadership and exemplify commitment
- Continue to play an active role in the classroom
The principal of the year earns tremendous respect as the Washington area's best principal. The winning finalist will receive:
- A signature trophy
- $7,500 monetary award
- A feature spot in a 1/2 page ad that runs in The Washington Post newspaper
- A profile in The Washington Post and on washingtonpost.com
All other finalists will receive a certificate of appreciation from The Washington Post.
GrantWatch ID#: 178622
Principals must maintain their position throughout the 2018-2019 school year.
The nomination may be submitted by teachers, students, former students, parents, administrators or the general public.
Nominees must be Montgomery County Public School (MCPS) principals who have at least five years of experience as a principal, three of which must be in MCPS. Principals must maintain their position throughout the 2018-2019 school year.
All nomination packet materials must be submitted no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, January 5, 2018.
The Washington Post timeline is as follows:
- Monday, March 5, 2018: Washington Post to select and notify the winning Principal. Information remains under embargo until official announcement by Washington Post.
- Friday, April 13, 2018: Washington Post's promotional activities begin. Winners and finalists are featured online on washingtonpost.com.
- Monday, April 16, 2018: Washington Post's profiles of the winning principal appears in print.
See nomination packet requirements: http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/clusteradmin/schoolperformance/washingtonpostaward/requirements.aspx
See nominee criteria: http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/clusteradmin/schoolperformance/washingtonpostaward/criteria.aspx
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Montgomery County Public Schools
Office of Human Resources and Development
WaPo Principal of the Year Award
45 W. Gude Drive, Suite 2100
Rockville, Maryland 20850
USA: Maryland: Montgomery County