Foundation / Corporation
Utah Coalition for Educational Technology (UCET)
Award to an outstanding Utah individual for implementation of technology to enhance education. The award is intended to recognize and honor a principal, school or district technology staff member, superintendent, technology trainer, or any individual (with the exception of a PK-12 classroom teacher) who has demonstrated exceptional leadership and achievement in educational technology.
Nominees should reflect the mission and purpose of the Utah Coalition for Educational Technology:
(1) To promote the cooperative development and effective use of information technology in Utah's educational institutions.
(2) To provide a forum for the exchange of information on technology by holding conferences, meetings, and workshops, and publishing a newsletter.
(3) To bring together any and all parties interested in the use of technology in education for the purpose of representing their varied interests to each other and to the public.
- The nominee's work has had a significant positive impact on technology use in the nominee's educational community, whether locally, regionally, statewide, nationally or worldwide.
- The nominee has made efforts to involve the community and business/legislative institutions through partnerships and collaboration in the initiative or program to support and fund the use of ICT and digital resources.
- The nominee has demonstrated his or her ability to develop a systemic plan aligned with shared vision for school effectiveness and student learning through the infusion of ICT and digital resources.
- The nominee continuously improves his or her professional practice through the promotion of technology-related professional learning plans and opportunities, and exhibits leadership in his or her school and/or professional community by engaging in an ongoing process to develop, implement and communicate plans for the effective use of digital tools and resources.
- The quality of education and/or work experience has been significantly advanced in the nominee's workplace as a result of the nominee's efforts.
- The nominee has contributed to the profession by presenting at professional conferences, seminars, and/or workshops or by publishing articles in print or through electronic media.
- The nominee's work reflects the mission and purpose of UCET.
- The nominee will represent UCET well in all forums.
GrantWatch ID#: 178649
Nominees can be a principal, superintendent, school or district technology staff, regional technology trainer, etc. The one stipulation is that the nominee is not a PK-12 classroom teacher. They may have a teaching certificate; however, their current position is not as a classroom teacher.
Nominations for all UCET awards close on January 18, 2019. All award winners will be announced during Day 1 at the opening session of the UCET Conference.
Selection Criteria: http://goo.gl/nWmuQr
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To submit the online Award Nomination Form:
PO Box 2285
8850 S 700 E
Sandy, UT 84070