Foundation / Corporation
08/01/18 11:59 PM Email submission or postmarked
Grants to Virginia nonprofits in Bland and Wythe Counties for programs that promote the health and education of local residents and directly serve those who cannot afford basic and essential needs. Funding is intended to improve the welfare of local citizens, especially the underserved.
The Board, in making grant decisions, will place the greatest priority on projects that:
- Directly provide health services to low-income, underinsured, or uninsured citizens of Wythe and Bland Counties
- Contain matching funds from other sources
- Are not of a recurring nature unless the project and the need(s) it serves requires otherwise
- Ensure measurable outcomes and objectives data can be accurately measured
- Provide evidence of feasibility and sustainability of the proposed project
- Comply with Wythe-Bland Foundation’s grant guidelines
- Do not result in a duplication of services provided by another agency
Qualified organizations may apply for grants for new programs, current programs or establishing or investigating new programs.
As the Board evaluates the merits of grant applications, areas of specific interest and high priority will include projects that address, in specific ways:
- Healthcare needs of the underprivileged, underinsured, and uninsured
- Adult and childhood obesity
- Health and nutritional issues
- Dental care
- Mental health
- Health education
- Education of future generations
- Substance abuse prevention
- Environmental health
- Improving the quality of life in Wythe and Bland Counties
GrantWatch ID#: 178663
At the present time, the Foundation has not set limits on the size of grants.
Grants will normally be awarded on an annual basis, October 1 to September 30; however, the Board will consider multiyear grants.
The Board of Directors of the Foundation will only make grants to those identified as 501 IRS designated organizations (or government entities) serving Wythe County and Bland County, Virginia that support, promote and/or further the Foundation’s mission.
To comply with federal guidelines and the Foundation’s legal requirements, the Foundation will not fund and will deny the following types of grants:
- Grants to individuals
- Grants to organizations for projects serving the population outside of Wythe or Bland Counties
- Grants to government entities for purposes that are identified as typical government financial responsibilities
- Grants to religious organizations for religious purposes
- Grants to endowments or other discretionary funding pools
- Grants for fundraisers, or other ticketed special events
- Grants for political purposes or for lobbying activities
- Grants for debt reduction
- Grants for the purchase of vehicles
- Grants for projects unrelated to the Foundation’s mission, vision, or purpose
- Grants supplanting other funds
- Grants to fund applicant’s employment
August 1: Grant application due date
August/September: Grant Review Cycle
October: Grant Award Dates
The Grant Review Committee will convene one (1) time per year to review grant applications and to consider recommendations for funding.
Grant applications seeking matching funds must provide written documentation from the other contributor(s) or the Board may make the Foundation’s grant contingent on receipt of such matching contribution(s). The documentation may include a letter or resolution from the other contributor(s).
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Complete the application and email it to email@example.com
Caitlin K. King, Executive Assistant
155 West Monroe Street
Wytheville, VA 24382
USA: Virginia: Wythe and Bland Counties