Foundation / Corporation
Professional Dairy Producers Foundation
Grants of up to $5,000 to USA nonprofit organizations for educational initiatives and programs that educate the public about the dairy industry and promote the professional development of dairy producers. Funding will be provided for proposals that fall under one of the following two categories:
1. Building Producer Professionalism - Engaging and equipping individuals in lifelong learning, including producer leadership skills.
2. Maintaining Public Trust - Unified outreach programs that educate and engage both the dairy community and the public, helping facilitate trust.
The Foundation focuses its support in three key areas:
- Raising up the next generation of professional dairy producers;
- Growing and maintaining public trust in people and products; and
- Building the skills of dairy producers.
GrantWatch ID#: 178677
Organizations may apply for a grant of up to $5,000.
Applying organizations must be non-profit, with an IRS status of 501(c)(3) or (c)(5). At the present time, the Foundation only funds programs within the United States.
Funding will not be provided to or for:
- Requests from individuals or scholarships for individuals
- Political or social organizations
- Artistic or religious programs
- Loans, start-up expenses, or seed capital funding for private businesses
- Dairy promotion or nutrition programs that are directly the responsibility of state and national check-off organizations. The Foundation is pleased to work collaboratively with their check-off organizations, but not in competition.
The Professional Dairy Producers Foundation does not allow for proposals to be submitted with any associated indirect costs. Grant submitted with indirect costs will not be considered.
Click on the links in the Supporting Documents section below to download the RFP, grant criteria information, Cover Page, and information on what the Foundation supports.
Click here for more information on how to apply: http://www.dairyfoundation.org/grants/how_to_apply.php
Grant Cycle Deadlines
The Foundation has two grant cycles:
- The Fall Grant Cycle has a deadline of December 1, with notification of a decision by January 1.
- The Spring Grant Cycle has a deadline of June 1, with notification of a decision by July 1.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email one copy in an email with subject line “Grant Application” to: email@example.com.
Contact the Executive Director, Deb Reinhart, at the above email address, or at:
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming