Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa (CFNEIA) - Emmet County Community Foundation (ECCF)
03/01/19 11:59 PM
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $10,000 to Emmet County, Iowa nonprofit organizations and government entities for projects to improve local communities and benefit rural areas. Funding areas include art, culture, education, health, human services, environment, community betterment, and historic preservation. Funding is intended to act as a catalyst for community transformation and growth, enriching the lives of area citizens.
For additional information about program areas, see: https://d2b1x2p59qy9zm.cloudfront.net/attachments/4806149d39c413c2bb131eee054ad55ce3036eb0/store/f03b5db97902a8817c8adeb222f9a41c0282845f9e481fa436a4ec15e90e/CFNEIA_Program_Areas.pdf
GrantWatch ID#: 178685
Grant request minimum is $1,000. Maximum is $10,000.
Organizations must provide benefits to the people of the Emmet County and must meet the following criteria in order to apply for a grant:
- Be classified as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or be a government entity. Tax-exempt organizations classified as other than 501(c)(3) are also eligible if and only if the project is deemed charitable; please contact the Foundation's office to discuss the project’s eligibility prior to submitting a proposal.
- Be current with all state and federal reporting requirements, such as filing of 990 forms.
- Must not have any past due grant reports for previous Emmet Community Foundation grants.
For groups, projects, or initiatives that do not meet the above eligibility requirements, the Community Foundation will consider your requests if submitted through a fiscal sponsor. Fiscal sponsors must be classified as a 501(c)(3) or a government entity.
Ineligible Applicants and Projects Include:
- Businesses/For-Profit Companies
- Inherently religious activities such as religious worship, instruction, or proselytization or activities that promote specific religious doctrine
- Associations for activities directly benefiting their members
- Requests for partisan political or lobbying activities
- Operational requests from other foundations
- The grant application deadline is 11:59pm on March 1, 2019.
- All applicants will be notified of the results of the grant process in mid-June 2019.
- Grant awards will be presented during a ceremony in July 2019.
It is suggested that applicants, in particular first-time applicants, contact Program Manager Dotti Thompson to explore the appropriateness of requests and for any further guidance.
One application per organization with the exemption of Government Entities and Fiscal Sponsors; however, fiscal sponsors may submit only one application per sponsored organization.
Applicant Eligibility: https://www.cfneia.org/grants/grantseeker-resources/applicant-eligibility
Grantwriting Tips: https://www.cfneia.org/grants/grantseeker-resources/grantwriting-tips-and-resources
Using the Online Grant System: https://www.cfneia.org/grants/grantseeker-resources/using-the-online-grant-system
Grantseeker's Resources: http://www.cfneia.org/grants/grantseeker-resources
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
Program Manager Dotti Thompson
Program Director, Tom Wickersham
Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa
3117 Greenhill Circle
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613
Phone: (319) 287-9106
Fax: (319) 287-5015
USA: Iowa: Emmet County