Foundation / Corporation
Frontier Farm Credit - Working Here Fund
Grants of up to $2,000 and grants of up to $10,000 to Eastern Kansas nonprofits for programs that impact the areas of agriculture education, young and beginning producers, hunger and nutrition, and essential services or disaster relief needs. There are two options for funding available:
The first option provides grant funding of up to $2,000 each for projects that address short-term goals. This could include projects such as, but not limited to, community gardens, 4-H and FFA chapter projects, food bank needs, backpack summer programs, grain bin rescue equipment, CASE curricula, and drone technology for the classroom.
A second option of grant funding of up to $10,000 each is available for larger, more long-term community projects focused in smaller rural communities (populations of 5,000 or less). This includes projects such as, but not limited to, start-up FFA chapters, campaigns for a new fire hall or community building, geodesic domes, larger community greenhouses or high tunnels, or other capital campaign fundraising for community projects. A documented long-term plan is required in the application process for this grant.
Qualifying applications must be for serving programs that benefit communities within the Frontier Farm Credit service area of eastern Kansas, including the Counties of Allen, Anderson, Atchison, Bourbon, Brown, Chase, Chautauqua, Cherokee, Clay, Coffey, Crawford, Dickinson, Doniphan, Douglas, Elk, Franklin, Geary, Greenwood, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson, Labette, Leavenworth, Linn, Lyon, Marion, Marshall, Miami, Montgomery, Morris, Nemaha, Neosho, Osage, Pottawatomie, Riley, Shawnee, Wabaunsee, Washington, Wilson, Woodson, and Wyandotte.
GrantWatch ID#: 178689
- Grants of up to $2,000: projects that address short-term goals.
- Grants of up to $10,000: larger, more long-term community projects.
Priority shall be given to applications made by nonprofit organizations with an exempt status under Internal Revenue Code section 501C3.
Note: No applicant or related programs may receive grant funding in excess of $2,000 within any consecutive twelve (12) month period. Grants will not be awarded to the same or part of the same organization more than one time in a 12-month period.
Outlined below is a guide for the types of activities not supported by Frontier Farm Credit Working Here Fund grants:
- Programs and projects of charities that do not support agriculture, young and beginning producers, agricultural education, or hunger and nutrition.
- Contributions for political support purposes, scholarships, or memberships in professional societies or trade organizations.
- Individual or personal endeavors or projects, or individual farm operations.
- Participation or entrance fees for charitable events or financing of charitable organizations.
- Religious or sectarian programs or groups that benefit the specific organization.
- Political campaigns, candidates, lobbying groups, or causes.
- Sports teams or athletic events and competition; including equipment or uniforms related to sports.
- School activities or school booster club donations, including bands, choirs or fine arts programs.
- Private foundations promoting personal hobbies.
- Organizations that in any way pose a conflict with Frontier Farm Credit goals, programs, services, or employees.
- Contributions for state annual meetings and regularly scheduled conferences or meetings.
Applications for the $2,000 grants are evaluated quarterly and applications for the $10,000 grants are evaluated biannually. The deadline to apply for both grant funding cycles is December 31, 2017. Results will be communicated in January 2018.
Typically, one Working Here Fund grant is awarded to an organization within a 12-month period.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to apply for grants of up to $2,000: https://www.frontierfarmcredit.com/workingherefund/grant-program-application-2000-grant-option
Click here to apply for grants of up to $10,000: https://www.frontierfarmcredit.com/workingherefund/grant-program-application-10000-grant-option
Email the Baldwin Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email the Emporia Office: email@example.com
Email the Hiawatha Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for for further office locations and email addresses: https://www.frontierfarmcredit.com/contact
Allen, Anderson, Atchison, Bourbon, Brown, Chase, Chautauqua, Cherokee, Clay, Coffey, Crawford, Dickinson, Doniphan, Douglas, Elk, Franklin, Geary, Greenwood, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson, Labette, Leavenworth, Linn, Lyon, Marion, Marshall, Miami, Montgomery, Morris, Nemaha, Neosho, Osage, Pottawatomie, Riley, Shawnee, Wabaunsee, Washington, Wilson, Woodson and Wyandotte Counties