Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of the Central Blue Ridge
02/12/18 11:59 PM EST
Grants of up to $10,000 to Virginia nonprofits for a wide range of charitable programs. Eligible program areas include health and human services, education, and the arts. Funding is intended for organizations in the cities of Waynesboro and Staunton and in the counties of Nelson, Augusta, and Highland.
Funding areas include:
1. General Operating Support
2. Continuing Programs (programs, including capital projects, that have been in existence for 12 months or more)
3. New Programs (programs, including capital projects, launched recently or to be launched within the next 12 months)
While the Community Foundation does not have specific funding priorities for its Community Grants program, organizations and programs are favored that:
1. Address identified community issues or opportunities,
2. Are well-conceived with a realistic schedule of activities and thoughtful use of resources, and
3. May contribute to the applicant’s organizational capacity and sustainability.
The Foundation looks favorably upon:
1. Organizations that have developed, or are actively developing, a broad base of financial support that contributes to their long-term sustainability.
2. Organizations that are working in cooperation or collaboration with other organizations.
3. Organizations that provide a clear method of evaluating the results and impact of their efforts.
4. Organizations that demonstrate the stability and leadership needed to ensure the effective accomplishment of their mission and use of their resources.
GrantWatch ID#: 178690
The Community Grant Application is for requestsof up to $10,000.
Historically, the Foundation has awarded grants ranging from $1,000 to $10,000 through its Community Grants program.
Eligible grant recipients include tax-exempt 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, including fiscal sponsors of individuals and organizations, engaged in charitable activities that address the needs of the independent cities of Staunton and Waynesboro, and the counties of Augusta, Nelson, and Highland.
Not funded: Deficit reduction, endowments, benefits for individuals (including travel, fellowships), and fraternal or strictly religious programs (community-based, non-denominational programs which meet the Foundation’s selection criteria are eligible for support).
The application deadline is February 12, 2018. Applicants are encouraged to contact the Foundation for advice concerning your future grant application.
If you are seeking support for a short-term event (duration of up to one week), do not complete the Community Grant application. Simply submit your request in writing, at any time, to the relevant contact below.
Application preview: https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/46337-Community-Foundation-Of-The-Central-Blue-Ridge
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://app.smarterselect.com/program/apply/46337?apply=true
Cristina Casado, Director of Community Engagement
For short-term events, submit requests to:
P.O. Box 815
Staunton, VA 24402
USA: Virginia: The independent cities of Staunton and Waynesboro, and the counties of Augusta, Nelson, and Highland