Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of New Jersey (CFNJ), Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation - Field Trip New Jersey (FTNJ) Fund
Grants of up to $700 to New Jersey preK-12 public and charter schools serving low-income students to cover the costs of field trip transportation. Priority is given to field trips outside of the school district. Funding is intended to help students access nature preserves, historical landmarks, arts and culture, and science institutions, and college campuses. The fund will make field trips possible for more students across an even wider range of disciplines and interest areas.
Nonprofit private pre-K-12 schools in Newark are also eligible to apply.
Schools may apply for funds to transport students on college tours in New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware, District of Columbia, and Maryland, as well as New Jersey.
GrantWatch ID#: 178702
Field Trip New Jersey will award a maximum grant of $700 per school per year.
Funds must be used during the school year in which funding is requested.
- Schools in New Jersey with more than 65 percent of students eligible for free or reduced price lunches are eligible to apply.
- All public and charter pre-K-12 grade schools are eligible. Specialized schools, such as community music schools serving a comparable student population, may also apply.
- Each eligible school may apply once per school year.
- Funds may be used for bus expenses only, but may support more than one bus for the same trip.
- Schools should work with bus companies and the field trip destination provider to make arrangements.
- The Fund is not for inter-school travel.
Newark, New Jersey eligibility: All public, charter and non-profit private pre-K-12 schools in Newark may apply once per school year.
Winter Cycle 2018
Dates to apply: January 1,2018 – February 16, 2018
Award Announcements: March 16, 2018
Fall Cycle 2018
Dates to apply: September 3, 2018 – October 15, 2018
Award Announcements: November 15, 2018
The FTNJ team asks that schools submit bus transportation invoices no later than July 2, 2018 to receive reimbursement for field trip grants awarded between the months of September 2017 and June 2018.
Information for Newark schools: https://cfnj.org/fieldtrip/newark/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
USA: New Jersey