Kentucky Arts Council
08/15/18 4:30 PM Delivery or Postmarked by Date
Grants to Kentucky PreK-12 schools to help cover transportation costs associated with arts-related field trips. The purpose of this program is to increase student exposure to quality arts education experiences and programs. Schools may request mileage-based funding for field trips to organizations listed in the TranspARTation Directory.
Funds may only be used to travel to the arts organizations listed below. It is recommended that you discuss your visit with the organization before submitting your application to confirm the availability and terms of the trip:
- Behringer-Crawford Museum, Kenton (www.bcmuseum.org)
- Carson Center, McCracken (www.thecarsoncenter.org)
- Commonwealth Theatre Center, Jefferson (www.commonwealththeatre.org)
- Community Arts Center, Boyle (www.communityartscenter.net)
- EKU Center for the Performing Arts, Madison (www.ekucenter.com)
- Kentucky Ballet Theatre, Fayette (www.KYBallet.com)
- Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft, Jefferson (www.kmacmuseum.org)
- Kentucky Opera, Jefferson (www.kyopera.org)
- Lake Cumberland Performing Arts Center, Pulaski (www.lcpaky.org)
- Lexington Ballet Company, Fayette (www.lexingtonballet.org)
- Lexington Children's Theatre, Fayette (www.lctonstage.org)
- Lexington Philharmonic, Fayette (www.lexphil.org)
- Living Arts and Science Center, Fayette (www.lasclex.org)
- Louisville Ballet, Jefferson (www.louisvilleballet.org)
- Louisville Orchestra, Jefferson (www.louisvilleorchestra.org)
- Norton Center for the Arts, Boyle (www.nortoncenter.com)
- Owensboro Dance Theatre, Daviess (www.owensborodancetheatre.org)
- Paramount Arts Center, Boyd (www.paramountartscenter.com)
- RiverPark Center, Daviess (www.riverparkcenter.org)
- SKyPAC, Warren (http://theskypac.com)
- StageOne Family Theatre, Jefferson (www.stageone.org)
- Speed Art Museum, Jefferson (www.speedmuseum.org/)
- The Woodford Theatre, Woodford (http://woodfordtheatre.com)
The arts council staff will offer the following support to ensure that performance expectations and goals are met:
- Assistance from the arts council program director in selecting an appropriate arts organization from the TranspARTation Directory.
- Assistance from the arts council program director in preparing multiple applications.
GrantWatch ID#: 178717
Roundtrip mileage from school to facility x $2.00 x number of buses = reimbursement amount (e.g., 55 miles roundtrip x $2.00 x 3 buses = $330).
Grant funds must be used between October 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019.
Any Kentucky nonprofit school, public or private, which supports grades pre-K through 12, may apply. In addition, you must have the federal identification number (FEIN) and Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number for your school or district. In Kentucky, the FEIN number usually begins with “61-.”
- Home schools and home school associations are ineligible.
- There may be only one field trip per application.
- Only one field trip per group of students per year. Multiple grades may go together.
How to Apply:
- Obtain approval: Make arrangements for the district superintendent and principal to approve the proposal and sign your application by the required date.
- Select and contact an arts organization: All arts organizations must be selected from the TranspARTation Directory. Funding may only be used to travel to these organizations.
- Aug. 15, 2018 - Postmark deadline for submission of paper copy of the application and supporting materials
- Sep. 2018 - Review of applications by panel
- Sep. 21, 2018 -- Art council board reviews panel recommendations
- Applicant notification - As soon as possible after board approval of panel recommendations
- Oct. 1, 2018 - Use of grant funds may begin
- June 30, 2019 - Use of grant funds must conclude
- 30 days after completion of field trip - Final report due
Completed application forms must be postmarked by Aug. 15, 2018 or hand-delivered to the Kentucky Arts Council no later than 4:30 p.m. EDT time on that date.
Note: The TranspARTation Grant is a reimbursement program. Approved awards will not be paid until the field trip has been completed and the final report has been submitted.
Like all programs of the Kentucky Arts Council, the TranspARTation Grant Program is guided by the arts council’s core values. Successful applications will embody these core values, and all applicants are strongly encouraged to read and reflect upon them before submitting an application:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Jean St. John, Arts Education Director
888-833-2787 (toll free)
Kentucky Arts Council
1025 Capital Center Drive, Third Floor
Frankfort, KY 40601