Foundation / Corporation
Spirit of Construction Foundation
02/15/19 Electronic Receipt
Grants to Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana nonprofit organizations, schools, and IHEs in the greater Cincinnati area for construction education and training, as well as construction projects that will benefit local communities. Funding is intended for projects or training that engage youth in hands-on construction activities.
Funding priorities include:
Construction Education: Supports students or construction related programs at the following institutions of higher learning:
- Cincinnati State Technical & Community College
- Northern Kentucky University
- University of Cincinnati
- Trade and vocational programs in Greater Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky, Southeastern Indiana will also be considered
Programs or projects advocating the construction industry as the favorable career option to middle school, secondary school, and vocational/technical school students in the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky/Southeastern Indiana regions. All grant requests are evaluated on merit.
Local Interest Projects:
Organizations either directly or indirectly affiliated with the construction industry that have projects that enhance the city, create educational opportunities, or other activities that advocate the Foundation's mission: to recognize, celebrate, and elevate the Construction Industry and its contributions to the civic, aesthetic, and economic well-being of the Greater Cincinnati Region.
In addition to the annual grants that are awarded by the Outreach Committee, special grant requests will also be considered for recommendation to the Spirit of Construction Board for approval. These grant requests are not intended to be limited in dollar amount, and are subject to the approval of the Spirit of Construction board, as well as funds that are available within the organization to support such requests. An example of a special grant request would be the funding that has been provided in the past for our Construction Advocate/Middle School Construction Careers Outreach Program.
GrantWatch ID#: 178719
The maximum amount of grants allocated each year will not exceed an amount approved by the Spirit of Construction Board of Directors. The average amount funded per organization was $7,500 per year.
To qualify (or not qualify) for Spirit of Construction grant funding through the Outreach Committee, the organization must be:
- Community- based 501( c ) (3 ) or other proof of nonprofit status
- Qualified educational institutions and organizations that reflect the Spirit of Construction values and focus their efforts in a positive way
- Controversial organizations or one that requires significant transfer of local funds to national or international parent organizations will not be considered
- Applicants must engage youth in hands-on activities as a requirement
- December 31st, 2018 – February 15th, 2019: Grant Guidelines and Applications are available on-line at the Spirit of Construction website. To be eligible, application must be submitted no later than February 15, 2019 and must be filed electronically.
*Beginning December 31, 2018 the Spirit of Construction Outreach Committee is accepting only electronically filed applications for their 2019 grant funding.
- February 18, 2019 - March 1, 2019: Grant applications will be reviewed by each committee member to familiarize themselves with each applicant.
- March 4, 2019 – March 15, 2019: Grant committee will meet as a group, evaluate the applicants, and rank candidates developing a shortlist. As necessary, interviews will be scheduled with applicants to obtain any further information necessary to make a decision.
- March 18, 2019 – March 29, 2019: Interviews held as necessary and final recommendations submitted to the Outreach Committee no later than March 29, 2019.
- April 1, 2019 – April 12, 2019: Outreach Committee approval of the Grant Review Committee recommendations. These will be submitted to the Spirit Board for approval (electronically) with notification to the recipients no later than April 12, 2019.
- May 8, 2019: Introductions and presentation of checks to Grant Recipients at the SOC Spring Fling.
- June 6, 2019: Outreach Committee to meet with all Grant Recipients (SOC Outreach Collaborative Meeting) to ensure a sharing of knowledge, resources, identify synergies, discuss measurement criteria and provide any support to help their program to become a success.
- July 1, 2019 – July 19, 2019: Outreach Committee members to follow up with all Grant Recipients to see where they are and provide any support they may need for their programs and discuss final reporting.
- October 21, 2019 – October 25, 2019: Final reports are due from Grant Recipients. Outreach Committee to meet with all Grant Recipients for final wrap-up meeting of their programs.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Call or email Tony Brunsman at 513.382.4315 or TBrunsman@spiritofconstruction.org with any questions.
USA: Indiana: Southeastern Indiana; Kentucky: Northern Kentucky; Ohio: Greater Cincinnati